Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default An end to racism

I cannot claim credit for this but I had to share it.
    The fact that Obama won obviously means there is no longer racism in America. The Black Panthers can disband, their work is done. Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson can climb down from the pulpit and admit that the reason police keep arresting black people is because they're committing crimes, not because of the colour of their skin. The US has African-American teachers, doctors, lawyers, CEO's, sportspeople, celebrities, politicians, and now they have the President, the highest office in the country. The NAACP can open it's scholarship program to scholars of all races, as clearly there is no discrimination in the US any more. And any time an African-American says otherwise, not a word needs to be said, just point to the picture of the President.
    Warning: I may not read responses to OP before posting

Default Re: An end to racism

While I'd have to disagree that there is *NO* racism in the US now (there will always be some small group in every race/religion that hate some other race/religion), I do have to agree with the intended point of that article.

I saw a debate on some show after the elections discussing whether or not the US should stop with reparations and affirmative action now, because obviously our new President-Elect has proven that any one can become anything that they choose to pursue as long as they work for it.

I have to agree.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: An end to racism

Well, racism has been on the decline for quite some time. In fact, if the people who complain of racism today would get slapped by their forefathers. The little bit of racism we still see is just a flicker as the flame dies. However, some people of all races seem reluctant to let it go.

(Allegheny County)

Wink Re: An end to racism

Well, that may be true for THIS planet, but thanks to the Hubble telescope, we now know there are untold numbers of galaxies out there in space. We have discovered other stars with planets orbiting them as well; perhaps, even in time, we might discover, that some of those planets are inhabited with intelligent life forms, that will doubtless need LOTS of instruction and re-ejumakayshun, about RACISM!

This is FAR too important a task to entrust to just ANYBODY in future generations. Therefore, I suggest we plead - ever so nicely - for the genius of Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the PUSH/Monochrome Coalition Rent-a-Mob Legbreakers/corporate blackmailers Union Local, to boldly go where the culturally diverse & sensitive have never gone before - and to begin a rocketship journey to the nearest galaxy with all due haste, in order to prepare those inhabitants to someday MEET such aware & enlightened beings as ourselves.

In order to make the calling of combatting the evils of racism a truly UNIVERSAL movement, can we really AFFORD to send LESS than our best & brightest on the subject? It is a TREMENDOUS sacrifice on our part, and no doubt we shall all mourn their departure, from the moment the rocketship doors are sealed, but, seeing as how, we HAVE overcome here on earth, can we really take the chance, of sparing LESS than our best, for this noblest of endeavors?

Bob