Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Wink Open for ideas !

Well ,with the economy being what it is ,I find myself with more free time than usual.I am a designer and builder of fine furniture,some consider me a master,I consider me a masterbaiter.
    What I would like is some unique ideas on some novelty pieces,something that would conseal weapons and or valueable items.
    If it's patentable,I've no intention of stealing anybody's ideas but only shareing the wealth.
    Let us make this a contest of sorts,Any great idea worthy of hands on actually makeing it ,will be rewarded patent rights,royalties "$".and any other pertinate perks.You will also be rewarded with the first marketable prototype.

PS. it must be cool-(very important) child proof, and I'll do the rest.
    God gave me incredible hands with vision.
    Hope to get some good ideas,it should be fun !!!

Remember the "hula hoop",Stupid ass idea shit loads of money made !!!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Open for ideas !

I thought it might be cool to build one of these. http://forum.pafoa.org/gun-pictures-...tml#post489861
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Clarion County)

That is cool enough but not quite unique. I'm more in the line of something that hasn't been offered to the open market,different,new,And
    must be embraced by the masses,not a select few.

The mission here is to appeal to large masses of people,something everybody might be interested in,the I got to get me one of those !!

Think outside the box,not everybody shares our interest,guns or what-evers' worthy of concealment with novel class.

(Lehigh County)

I have been intrigued by the hidden compartment ideas in furniture, i.e. the base of a nightstand that is a concealed drawer, a concealed compartment above a nightstand drawer. Let me know what you come up with.
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Berks County)

When I was in high school i built a single wall shelf in woodshop that had a small drawer below the shelf. between the shelf nd the drawer I had a wide piece of decorative molding with small hooks on it for keys. The molding was hinged on the top and had a compartment hidden behind it, small magnet to hold it closed, and it was deep enough to easily conceal a gun inside (though I had other uses for it)
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Clarion County)

I have in my past built many,many of these type ,I've had clients,untrusting wives and husband alike.I've had requests and have stuck many strange
    items in many strange places. I'm looking for something on a smaller scale, something more compact,affordable.
    Thanks to all on this one though,for your time ,your ideas,there are no bad ideas,I'm just a picky S.O.B. it's the curse,! 38 years in this business,I'm all dried up,my creative juices have temperarilly runneth dry!!

If I were building something as large as a bed or something,my own abilty would take over but i'm searching for the compact raw idea at this point !!

(Clarion County)

Quote Originally Posted by mjfletcher View Post
    When I was in high school i built a single wall shelf in woodshop that had a small drawer below the shelf. between the shelf nd the drawer I had a wide piece of decorative molding with small hooks on it for keys. The molding was hinged on the top and had a compartment hidden behind it, small magnet to hold it closed, and it was deep enough to easily conceal a gun inside (though I had other uses for it)
    This one has potential--!!!!!!! Thanks

Give me more-!!!!!!

(Chester County)

I've found a glaring hole in products available for safe keeping and transporting guns.

Horizontal lockers.

Over the years I've seached for several items in this category.

1. A trap door sort of device for transporting guns. Whether it's just to and from a range, passing through states like NY and NJ, or having to leave a gun in the car if they're not welcome in the work place. I know there are a lot of options for car lockers, but something that could discretely be place under the carpeting of a SUV or pickup, or the trunk of a car. Lockable, but doesn't scream "there's a gun in here". BGs who see the suction cup marks on a windshield and do a smash and grab for a GPS, may get a bonus prize when they see one of the commercially available car lockers if they have cable cutters in their bag of tricks. A hidden, false floorboard type case could also prevent those awkward moments that can happen when a NJ LEO pulls someone over and see evidence that there may be a handgun in the car. Yes, we're supposed to be protected against illegal search and seizure, but the sad fact is, some LEOs need an occassional reminder, which comes at the expense of the law abiding citizen.

2. I have a bed on a pedestal with drawers on the sides, and about a 15" gap down the middle with more storage space. It's accessible from the foot of the bed and has discrete door that looks like a decorative panel that covers the access. I could put a lock on it, but not only would that give away that it's storage, but cause anyone searching for gold to tear my bed apart to get at it. What I need that would provide tremendous value is a horizontal locker. On wheels so it's easy to slide out from under the bed. Lockable to keep away the curious out of it. Tall and wide enough to hold several scoped rifles. Although my pimary interest is having place to store my ammo stock pile where I don't have to dig through a verticle stack of twenty 50 cal ammo cans to get to the rounds I want for the day, but the option of having supports to hold long guns side by side similar to milsurp crates would also be useful. Internal hinges and a dead bolt locking system to prevent it from being pried open with simple hand tools.

3) A similar type of locker as number two, but with a weather resistant outer shell. I drive an RV with basement storage to my camp and carry many long guns and ammo. I snap up some sort of secure horizontal locker that fits in a motorhome, fifth wheeler or other travel trailer storage compartment that could be bolted to the frame, and I think there are many other hunters out there wishing something like this existed. Ideally it would be on some sort of sliding tray so guns could be accessed without taking the whole locker out of the storage compartment. Very secure bolt locking system, and heavy enough to prevent it from getting legs in the middle of the night.

(Allegheny County)

all this talk about building stuff in woodshop to conceal stuff reminds me of this:

(Luzerne County)

I think the items with the hidy hole is a good one. Every one has something that they would like to keep hidden.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast