Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Does my prior criminal history prevent me from obtaining a LTCF or owning firearm

Ok hi I'm reaper18951. I have been in "research" for the PICS for 9 days now. I'm starting to worry I may get denied. OK well let me start off with some info. I'm 27 white male. I have my permit to carry issued from pa. I have bought 2 handguns that went through the PICS system with no problem. I just try to but a nice 9mm carbine through my local gun shop. When the lady called she said I was put in research. Now why I am scared now is: I had a dui 2 years ago that I was on ard for and was .12 bac
    I got my letter saying everything was completed and the record was expunged about 8 months ago. Now farther back on my record I had 2 pfas against me that episode 3 years ago. 2 of my ex girlfriends went together and lied for one another and even though I had proof they were lieing and a officer come in to testify that they were lieing the judge gave them both a 3 year pfa which to me was not a big deal because I didn't want anything to do with them anyway. I have 2 harrassment charges against me. One was putting a guy against a wall for assult ing my now x wife and the other was for calling my ex wife a bitch in front of the police after her and her now husband where found having sex in my house and told the police to "just get the fing bitch outa here I'm done". I think the cop may have over reacted with the charge. Sence the pfas and the harrassment charges I got my permit to carry and bout 2 hand guns with no issues so I don't believe it is any of those matters. I'm just worried that maybe my dui that i completed the ard for is what is holding me up. I'm just getting nervous now with the wait going past 7 days. Will i get denied? Wow I know everything I wrote makes me sound like a piece of shit but if u ever met me you'll see I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet

Default Re: Does my prior criminal history prevent me from obtaining a LTCF or owning firearm

Quote Originally Posted by reaper18951 View Post
    Wow I know everything I wrote makes me sound like a piece of shit but if u ever met me you'll see I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet
    I've met nicer
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Bucks County)

Ok hi I'm reaper18951. I have been in "research" for the PICS for 9 days now. I'm starting to worry I may get denied. OK well let me start off with some info. I'm 27 white male. I have my permit to carry issued from pa. I have bought 2 handguns that went through the PICS system with no problem. I just try to but a nice 9mm carbine through my local gun shop. When the lady called she said I was put in research. Now why I am scared now is: I had a dui 2 years ago that I was on ard for and was .12 bac
    I got my letter saying everything was completed and the record was expunged about 8 months ago. Now farther back on my record I had 2 pfas against me that episode 3 years ago. 2 of my ex girlfriends went together and lied for one another and even though I had proof they were lieing and a officer come in to testify that they were lieing the judge gave them both a 3 year pfa which to me was not a big deal because I didn't want anything to do with them anyway. I have 2 harrassment charges against me. One was putting a guy against a wall for assult ing my now x wife and the other was for calling my ex wife a bitch in front of the police after her and her now husband where found having sex in my house and told the police to "just get the fing bitch outa here I'm done". I think the cop may have over reacted with the charge. Sence the pfas and the harrassment charges I got my permit to carry and bout 2 hand guns with no issues so I don't believe it is any of those matters. I'm just worried that maybe my dui that i completed the ard for is what is holding me up. I'm just getting nervous now with the wait going past 7 days. Will i get denied? Wow I know everything I wrote makes me sound like a piece of shit but if u ever met me you'll see I'm the nicest guy you'll ever meet
    At this point you just need to relax and wait. There is nothing you can do right now. IIRC, Research just means they are trying to get more info about you.
    IANAL MPMO VIVA CUBA LIBRE

(Bucks County)

It's day 12 and still no answer.

(Bucks County)

Well its day 15 and still no word. Should I just assume it's a denial?

(Berks County)

It could take up to 45 days. patience is a virtue that is required in matter such as this.
    When in doubt, knifehand!

(Bucks County)

Ok I was put in a undetermined status I sent the challenge for in and got a reply. They want me to send in police reports for a falsified report to police from when I was 14. I did not even think that would have been a issue.

Over two decades ago I pled guilty to an insurance fraud scheme.
    Sentence was: 6 months work release and 4 months tether work release
    Total of 10 months...............federal stature because the stupid thing was across state lines

Lines 11b and 11c both have reference of 1 year statute on the 4473 application.

Will I be able to obtain a firearm since the sentence was less than the 1 year term mentioned?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaterSalad View Post
    Over two decades ago I pled guilty to an insurance fraud scheme.
    Sentence was: 6 months work release and 4 months tether work release
    Total of 10 months...............federal stature because the stupid thing was across state lines

Lines 11b and 11c both have reference of 1 year statute on the 4473 application.

Will I be able to obtain a firearm since the sentence was less than the 1 year term mentioned?
    Look up the statute, see what the potential maximum for it is. If it is more than 1 year, you're out of luck regardless of what you were actually sentenced to.

And since is federal, if you are out of luck, I think your only option is to get a Presidential pardon. They've defunded rights restoration at the federal level.

I'm not a lawyer, this isn't legal advice. If you want a good, accurate, answer, hire a lawyer to review your case. There are some federal felonies that don't result in a loss of rights.

I'm really curious how this turned out.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast