Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default gun restriction preparation

When the onslaught of firearm restrictions get introduced early next year, our forum members could become active in visiting the offices of our national elected officials in the House and Senate. We must convey the message of political consquences for anti- second amendment laws being passed. Unlike this election, the congressional elections in 2010 could cause the pro gun vote to become galvanized to the degree that we could become the largest single issue voting block in the country. The way it stands currently, the landscape of firearm ownership will be changed forever in this country if we don't get involved.
    I am ashamed to say that tens of millions of firearm owners in this country helped put Obama in the white house along with a leftist congress which will be introducing a rain storm of gun laws.

Default Re: gun restriction preparation

Quote Originally Posted by c45man View Post
    I am ashamed to say that tens of millions of firearm owners in this country helped put Obama in the white house along with a leftist congress which will be introducing a rain storm of gun laws.
    .............NOT ME!

(Delaware County)

I sure was NOT one of them.

(Delaware County)

Don't blame me. I didn't vote for "that guy".

I don't think he's a bad person. He's just afraid of guns to an irrational extent.

(Luzerne County)

I didn't vote for him. And I always write my loacal reps when I have something to say.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Delaware County)

My original post was like preaching to the choir. Certainly there are a number of casual gun owners that don't shoot from one year to the next that do not place the second amendment on a high priority in choosing a candidate. Also, there are those who pursue a limited purpose for owning a firearm such as trap shooters, hunters, and black powder enthusiasts. Many of these individuals live in the delusion that the particular kind of firearm(s) they own are safe from the ravages of anti-gun laws. Certainly those who subscribe to a forum such as this, take the protection of the second amendment much more seriously.

(Susquehanna County)

c45man, you're right in your suggestion that we become both more united and more outspoken. If I can take issue with you about anything at all, it is just that it won't be *only* at the Federal (national) level. You can expect a hard and protracted fight at the state level also. Plus, if things continue as they have this year, you can expect more cities and municipalities to ignore Pa's pre-emption laws and start writing thier own laws. So be prepared to fight, anytime, anywhere, it's going to get nasty.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Delaware County)

Also the recent SCOTUS Heller decision is not of much help. Never mind the fact that PA's own constitution has even stronger wording on the subject.

(Montgomery County)

Ok, this may start a fight and i don't mean to start one, but...
    McCain said several times that he would consider stricter gun control laws. While they may not be as bad as Obama's may be (not even in office yet) any new laws/restrictions are bad. I have a feeling that there are a lot of gun owners out there who have lost they're jobs and can't afford to feed they're families much less even go shooting once in a while. The economy is in horrible shape right now and needs to be fixed ASAP. I'd hate to say it but another republican president, i don't care who it was running for it, was not going to win the election. Without a solid economy, less people are going to be buying guns.
    That being said, gun owners all over need to get involved more than ever to help stop any future restrictions on firearms. The easiest thing to do is join the NRA or get people you know to join. As new laws are brought up, write to you senator. While there have been great steps towards our 2nd Amend rights, you better believe that with Democrats running things soon, its going to be an uphill fight.
    Your web muscles do not frighten me.

(Delaware County)

The first thing the NRA did after I joined was start soliciting me for more money on a pretty much weekly basis. They were perhaps more aggressive and annoying than telemarketers.

I'm quite sure that all the money I gave the NRA was used to solicit more money.

The sad fact is all that is needed are a few lines of text in a bill that completely eliminate the NFA + GCA and all the other amendments. The machine gun ban in the FOPA can go too.

The States will still have their own gun control laws. So the NRA can still fight those.

I don't think the NRA wants to see gun control go away though. Their membership comes from people fighting gun control, not people who participate in the various sporting events the NRA sponsors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast