Flashback 20 years Ago to a local gun Range. I am meeting a buddy who just purchased a S&W Model 59. We hit the range and set up a target. He pulls up the pistol and proceeds to shot an entire clip at the paper from about 20 yards out. I'm impressed at how fast and how much ammo it holds. Then I look at the taget. I think he has hit the thing about 2 or 3 times. (If I remember right. He just blasted off about 16 - 18 rounds.) Once more I look at the target. I Look at him and say. "Boy, you better get some practice in!" He looks at me and says (I'll never forget this comment) " Nahhh, That is why I got the gun with that hold lots of bullets. I can just spray enough lead in their general direction that I'm bound to get lucky." TRUE STORY

OK, before you all have a heart attack. I'm posting this for good imput from you all. Not to start a fight. (If I was Anti-Gun and you were trying to convince me, what would the reasoning be to defend this position.)

I understand it is my right to carry a firearm. But, why doesn't PA. start incorporating training into getting a permit. ( I can hear your throats tightening) It would open up many more states for us to legally carry in. That is a big plus. It would keep people like my buddy above from buying a pistol and carrying it all the time, when he couldn't have hit anyone if he had too. (Yes, he had a permit, and yes he carried that pistol everywhere) I am wondering why we don't have training? Why we shouldn't support it?

Remember, I'm not looking for answers like, "Because it is our right." Or "Don't give start something that can hurt us." I'm looking for good answers. The kind you would use in court to support your case if you ever had to defend your reason for not needing training. (Here comes that Devil's Advocate)

Remember. Don't answer with your emotions here guys. I know lots of other people have wondered. They just won't ask. I Will.