Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Mastering the Defensive Snub Revolver

I stated on page 1 that it's probably *either / or* and low and behold it turns out I was right. All this consternation over nothing.

I also stated that contacting the instructor DIRECTLY would be the prudent thing to do with these types of questions. A little bit of research does wonders to reveal the truth.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TonyF View Post
    I stated on page 1 that it's probably *either / or* and low and behold it turns out I was right. All this consternation over nothing.

I also stated that contacting the instructor DIRECTLY would be the prudent thing to do with these types of questions. A little bit of research does wonders to reveal the truth.
    Don't claim victory yet. I said it before, what about people coming from the not-so free states? You want them to get a background check through an attorney so you can get a judgment on their moral character which you argue a background check doesn't provide?

WTF?

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarcS View Post
    Don't claim victory yet. I said it before, what about people coming from the not-so free states? You want them to get a background check through an attorney so you can get a judgment on their moral character which you argue a background check doesn't provide?

WTF?
    Marc,

It wasn't my intent to *fuse* the two issues of moral character and criminal history. They can be independent of one another or in this case supplant each other. Some schools, such as Gunsite, do require both.

However, it took me all of two mouse clicks from this thread to determine the following:

As proof of your good character and identity, please enclose a copy of your driver’s license plus just one of the following:
    • A copy of your concealed carry license or
    • A copy of both sides of your FFL or
    • Proof of your occupation in the military, public safety, or security field or
    • A letter of reference, on official letterhead, from:
    • A public safety professional or
    • A local official, i.e., Selectman, Chief of Police, Lawyer, Policeman, etc.

If by *not so free states* you mean those that aren't *shall issue* then the letter of good character IS the only other option. And as is the case with most schools, it doesn't necessarily have to be a lawyer.

Much of the debate centered around the misunderstanding that there was a requirement FOR BOTH. If Mr. Bethencourt is guilty of anything it's that he can't *copy and paste* very well whereby much of the arguing in this thread could have been avoided or, if his detractors would have simply contacted him directly.

I submit that the thrust of this thread has been nothing more than "guilty until proven innocent".

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Validity of requiring credentials for training courses?

Well, guilty of bad cut'n'pasting is not it. Guilty of poorly conveying information I would buy.

The tone and content of the post on this board is quite a bit different from the PDF file on their website.

Of course, the only thing sillier than us castigating him for his error was your defense of it..lol so yes, much ado about nothing.

No seriously Tony, I enjoy a good reparte. I guess we can go on now and argue the ole 9mm vs. .45...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123