Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Bought a Lower today...what about a complete rifle?

I went browsing today and walked out with a new stripped DPMS lower just because. Being a communist state resident seeking refuge in PA I'm not sure if I can buy a complete rifle here. The store went deathly quiet when one guy at the store went to ask someone else if I was OK to buy the lower, it was funny, like I had accidentally responded "yes" to the "Are you a fugitive from justice" question on the transfer form, lol.
    Anyway, I was OK for the lower as lowers are not illegal in NY in and of themselves, nor are AR-15's. If it came down to it I could buy the damn thing in pieces but I was wondering what your takes were on this regulation.
    Thanks.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

Default Re: Bought a Lower today...what about a complete rifle?

ems - I just got done my build here in NJ. Just make sure you follow all the restrictions and you should be fine. I ordered a Del-Ton kit and lower receiver and love the way it turned out. I'm sure NJ and NY are similar in their restrictions, the only thing I had to go out of my way to do was to dremel off my bayonet lug.....and that wasn't too bad, it turned out very well. Good luck!

They're just like small children, Its an EGO thing, " well if I can't have it this way, then I want it this way"..WAAAAAH - BrownBear (speaking of liberals)

I want to buy a complete "No Ban" gun to keep in PA, even though I am a NY resident.
    How pissed are you gonna be if you die before the Zombie Apocalypse comes? - - IANAL

(Monroe County)

Hey EMS, now that you have your lower you can build it any way you want as long as you don't take the complete rifle to NY where it would be illegal. My buddy that was with me when we met stores a couple non-NJ compliant rifles at my place so you're good to go as long as you have a safe place to leave the no-ban rifle. The other option is to put a NY legal upper on it and take it to NY that way so you have something to shoot there and keep a no ban upper in PA to use when you can.

You'll be happy to know I took the cash from the Pre Ban you bought and picked up another AR after the election real fast. I couldn't bear to see my AR count go down after that election! Make sure you post pics of your Pre Ban when its done!

later,
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by hipowr View Post
    Hey EMS, now that you have your lower you can build it any way you want as long as you don't take the complete rifle to NY where it would be illegal. My buddy that was with me when we met stores a couple non-NJ compliant rifles at my place so you're good to go as long as you have a safe place to leave the no-ban rifle. The other option is to put a NY legal upper on it and take it to NY that way so you have something to shoot there and keep a no ban upper in PA to use when you can.

You'll be happy to know I took the cash from the Pre Ban you bought and picked up another AR after the election real fast. I couldn't bear to see my AR count go down after that election! Make sure you post pics of your Pre Ban when its done!

later,
    AJ
    Glad to hear it went to a good cause. My upper is on backorder for another month, so I'm looking at some other stuff in the meantime. It looks like anything not NY compliant will have to be bought in pieces. Oh well, more fun for me.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    Glad to hear it went to a good cause. My upper is on backorder for another month, so I'm looking at some other stuff in the meantime. It looks like anything not NY compliant will have to be bought in pieces. Oh well, more fun for me.
    Yes, as I learned with my buddy from NJ, that is exactly the fast and easy way around the problem. Buy in pieces and build whatever you want, just don't cross the wrong state line with the wrong item .

later,
    AJ

Quote Originally Posted by hipowr View Post
    just don't cross the wrong state line with the wrong item
    AJ
    That's what I liked about living in Texas, was really hard to cross any state line, let alone the wrong one. (-: