Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Better late than never...

Ok so shoot me now (pun intended) I've been dragging my feet for a really long time and lurking here for awhile (learning A LOT). I've been kickin tires on my first handgun purchase for some time as well but now I am seriously shopping. I am also now a proud member of the NRA as of today... I plan on applying for my LTCF very soon and wondering what to expect as a York County resident. I have yet to witness anyone OC around here but maybe I am not paying enough attention (I've been known to do that - just ask my GF) or maybe CC is more popular near me. Anyone live in York Co. and have some experience to share? Any tips or advice on what else I should do or how to go about doing it are welcome and appreciated since I'mn such a newb...

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Better late than never...

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by benc4liberty View Post
    I'm in York as well. Seems to me that CC is typical. I have a lot of friends who have permits, and have yet to see one person OC, other than police.

I don't have my permit yet, but couldn't say I don't CC once in a while. Uh, I mean I never do...
    Admitting and/or encouraging clearly illegal behavior has no place on this forum.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

I'm in York county alot, mostly New Freedom and Shrewsbury area and have seen unknown OCers twice. The other ones doing it are people from this board at a couple OC meals I have been to, plus a bunch of them OC on their own too. One is "fingers' from Hanover, he OC's all the time without any troubles. I'd like to see more OCing going on in my "haunts", but I have yet to have the nerve to do it myself in a solo fashion. I guess if a rash of robberies or whatnot starts occuring in the area I will OC to hopefully help deter criminals from doing their lawbreaking. Of course some scared lil dingaling will probably call the cops on me, dragging them away from looking for real criminals. I have no idea what the southern York co police would do with a "woman with gun" call. Probably give me some speech about wasting police time and how I should carry concealed only and bla bla. They should give the speech to the dingaling that made the call, not me!
    LOL, I am a woman...

(York County)

Yeah def no CC without a permit here. Not looking for problems. My biggest obstacle will be that I spend a lot of time in the Communist State of Maryland since I live so close. I fear the day I carry into MD on accident without thinking and get caught. Just having a gun down there is as bad as actually shooting someone most places. Glad I moved here!
    Thanks for Sundays invite BTW, I already have plans but if I didn't I would be there! Sounds like fun!

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by XD40coyote View Post
    I'm in York county alot, mostly New Freedom and Shrewsbury area and have seen unknown OCers twice. The other ones doing it are people from this board at a couple OC meals I have been to, plus a bunch of them OC on their own too. One is "fingers' from Hanover, he OC's all the time without any troubles. I'd like to see more OCing going on in my "haunts", but I have yet to have the nerve to do it myself in a solo fashion. I guess if a rash of robberies or whatnot starts occuring in the area I will OC to hopefully help deter criminals from doing their lawbreaking. Of course some scared lil dingaling will probably call the cops on me, dragging them away from looking for real criminals. I have no idea what the southern York co police would do with a "woman with gun" call. Probably give me some speech about wasting police time and how I should carry concealed only and bla bla. They should give the speech to the dingaling that made the call, not me!
    So. York Co. police... no comment Barney Fife comes to mind...

Most of York Co. is safe, not sure about City.
    Most of Adams Co. is OK also.

ETA: Downtown York was OK at Lunch and Dinner.....