Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (York County)

Default Re: Driving with High Beams at night on the highway

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    the fender bender cockeyed headlight people (were one headlight is aimed correctly and the other is shooting way up and way to the side).
    I thought they were just Coon hunting!

(Centre County)

Default Re: Lights are on - no one's "home"...

Quote Originally Posted by The_War_Wagon View Post
    The one that gets me, are the morons who drive around the CITY, on cloudless, full moon nights, even - under the thousands of city arc lights - and have their fog lights ON!

WTF?!?! What, are these MOUTH-BREATHERS thinking?!?!

When MY window's down, I'll yell at them - 'TURN OFF YOUR FOG LAMPS, DUMBASS! THE ONLY "FOG" OUT HERE, IS BETWEEN YOUR EARS...

Bob
    What is wrong with driving with your fog lights on all the time?
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    Agreed. At night, it's a good idea to use high beams by default, dimming to low beams only when there is oncoming traffic visible, or when you are relatively close behind another vehicle (I'd say 1000 feet or so). Why not use increased visibility if you have it? It's like carrying a 10-round magazine in your gun when you can carry a 15-rounder that's the same size (to make it gun-related). Remember, you should not out-drive your headlights, driving only as fast as you can still see the point at which your car would stop should you need to make a panic stop.
    This is pretty much my reasoning for using my high beams. I like to be able to see what's on the road. It's nice to be able to see things that could have blown out in the roadway from high winds or what not. One time I was driving along I99 at night and a duck, yes a duck, wondered out into the lane, and by the time I realized what it actually was (as I was taking my foot off the gas) that sucker started flying and slammed off the windshield. If there are no other cars around, I will even use them when driving around the city.
    Machinist for hire - Get a hold of me if you need something made

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Lights are on - no one's "home"...

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoak View Post
    What is wrong with driving with your fog lights on all the time?
    Nothing depending what kind of lights they are. The auxiliary lights on my Ram are supposed to be aimed just below the low beam. The same way I aim them on all my tractors. The headlights in most new cars and trucks are extremely bright. When somebody cries and whines I turn off my headlights and leave the auxiliary lights on and then when they realize it`s not the problem it`s just the new halogen lights they shut up. I`ve found there almost never a time I need high beams and even less on 4 lanes.
    It`s not that I`m a slow driver either, every tractor I`ve ever owned will run triple digits on the interstate.
    Rule of thumb and courtesy is low beams unless on the rare occasion you get onto a rural road with a fairly high speed limit then highs except when traffic is oncoming.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I'll agree that many people don't have properly adjusted headlights. That's one of the first things I do whenever I get a new car.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234