Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default When a leftist asks WHY?

I stay out of this stuff for the most part, but this entire election I've been eating crap from my liberal friends. Now they're asking me why I even need an "assault weapon" and why I'm worried about a new AWB. Oh and if the costs of shooting and guns go up its because of the NRA fearmongering? So far they say I need them to play with and look cool...

Anyway. I need some good answers, and assault weapons are automatic doesn't work. How do I explain this to people who think like that.

(Chester County)

Default Re: When a leftist asks WHY?

And like a good, non-inflammatory person, you said that "an assault rifle is a fully automatic weapon, and civilians can't generally get those," right?

That an Assault Weapons Ban bans things like pistol grips, removeable 30 round magazines and bayonet lugs. Because LOTS of quick-e-mart owners have been held up with a bayonet attached to a gun.

Tell them that raising penalties for straw purchases, obliterating serial numbers, committing violent crimes with a gun are all good ways to keep them from being used in crimes.

(Berks County)

Damn bro, you need some new friends.

(Westmoreland County)

Some are not as bad as others. One has an Amnesty International tattoo...

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wasz View Post
    I stay out of this stuff for the most part, but this entire election I've been eating crap from my liberal friends. Now they're asking me why I even need an "assault weapon" and why I'm worried about a new AWB. Oh and if the costs of shooting and guns go up its because of the NRA fearmongering? So far they say I need them to play with and look cool...

Anyway. I need some good answers, and assault weapons are automatic doesn't work. How do I explain this to people who think like that.
    My response is usually something like "Well, why do you need cable? No, I don't NEED an AK, I want one, like 90% of everything we own, and as long as I'm not hurting anybody it shouldn't be an issue. You spend your money on cable, I'll spend mine on guns". That usually works. Also, since most of my friends are in Philly if one of them owns a car I point out that they really don't need the car, they could get to work using a bike and/or public transportation, and unlike my guns that have only ever harmed paper targets, their car is polluting the environment, contributing to greenhouse gases, and funding tyrannical regimes like the Saudi monarchy.
    "When law becomes despotic, morals are relaxed, and vice versa."-- Honore de Balzac, The Wild Ass's Skin...huh, huh..Balzac...Wild Ass...huh, huh

(Westmoreland County)

I usually say that I like to collect military type fire arms plus they are fun to shoot! Then I ask them if they wanna try it out!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

We all need guns, and we need the same kind of guns the army has. That is what the Second Amendment is all about. As I am already on record saying, it is not about hunting, and it is not about personal protection, although those two issues certain fall under the 2nd. It was written into the Constitution to protect us from the government - our government.

Governments can and will do anything they want to unarmed and helpless populations. Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia (aka the Soviet Union), Communist China, are all bright examples of Utopian societies where guns were banned. Make no mistake. It is only the armed population that keeps our government from running roughshod over us. Look what is happening to the Brits right now. If they insist that it can't happen here, cite Randy Weaver, or Waco Texas. If they still insist that it can't happen here, then you are wasting your breath with imbeciles who refuse to be educated.

(Allegheny County)

I just say one word, Zombies. Seriously when when an some super emotional bleeding heart liberal asks me why I own them or why anyone would need them I say zombies. It immediately confuses them and then I proceed with the usual logical arguments of self defense, collecting, sport etc.
    - "If guns are outlawed, only the zombies will have guns"

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wasz View Post
    You have a USPSA number........it's a competition rifle........

LycaniswhyIneed5thrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Montgomery County)

It's hard to convince someone who's already had their mind made up. You can bury them under piles of case studies and they will still have the conditioned negative response. On rare cases I've found a few that begin to follow a logical connection and break free.

Red pill vs blue pill ment more then we thought.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast