Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Will this election's results be the kick in the @$$ that wakes the republican party?

They didn't change their platform back to limited government fundamentals after the 06 election, will this finally wake them up?

Personally, I'm still doubtful......
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Will this election's results be the kick in the @$$ that wakes the republican par

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post
    They didn't change their platform back to limited government fundamentals after the 06 election, will this finally wake them up?

Y E S I T W I L L

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Will this election's results be the kick in the @$$ that wakes the republican par

Nope, they'll just move further left to be more in line with the winning team.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Nope, they'll just move further left to be more in line with the winning team.

+1

We need a CTRL+ALT+DEL on the Republican Party. We need a Conservative Party...

(Lehigh County)

Actually I think this will be really good for the Republican party..

Get rid of the dead weight, become a TRUE fiscial responsible, small gov't, strong supporter of ALL the amemendments party.. You'll be back in 4 years in a much better and stronger poisition..

I also hope both parties will FINALLY kick out the Karl Rove types..

Also, the next 4 years will force the Republicans to work as one group to counteract the Democratic Majority.. They really seem to be able to do that well..

It's also up to Pro-2nd Democrats to be as loud and vocal as possible to make sure that our party doesn't do what alot of people fear...

If your a Democrat, and you're pro 2nd amendment this is what you can do.

Become a PA delegate, by writing a request to the DNC headquarters in Harrisburg. It's first come first serve. This will give you access to people and information that others don't. It also gives you a stronger voice.

Make friends, network with other pro 2nd amendment democrats. Create an organization that will be heard and has a stronger voice to actually effect policy.

The playing field is laid out.. I know alot of people here must be really upset, but now is the time to plan how to best deal with the next 4 years...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post

No, it will not.
    The Republicans used to believe in limited government, individual freedom, no runaway spending, and no violation of the Constitution. Freedom is dead ladeis and gents, it's been replaced by the clanking of chains. Tonight proves to me that my generation is full of unimaginative, simpled minded shitheads who would rather have a master instead of be free. This will not change any time soon, and don't expect the lovely grand old party to change their ways. It will never happen. The American people have spoken.

They would rather be slaves then be free.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Jefferson County)

Like history has proven, you will see a polar shift in voting in about 8 years. The people get tired of the same old shit and voting in the party opposite of the incumbent.

Look forward to 8 years of blue in the Whitehouse and in Capital Hill.

There's a lot of in fighting going on in the Republican party, has been for weeks now.... my real hope is they split into 2 parties ... the neocons in one and the real Republicans into another but then again I dream a lot too.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Like history has proven, you will see a polar shift in voting in about 8 years. The people get tired of the same old shit and voting in the party opposite of the incumbent.

Look forward to 8 years of blue in the Whitehouse and in Capital Hill.
    Opened my newspaper this morning and despite all the nightmares going on, most of the incumbents were reelected??

How can that be you say?

Looking at the demographics, you see the leftists now control 2 branches of government and will soon own the judiciary too. The new executive is a power hungry (hidden) agenda driven idealog. The legislative ( look at the leaders) have a power bloodlust second to none and unlike the Right will not "cross the aisle". They are there to consolidate power and further their agenda. They will take no prisoners. (GWB completely underestimated this)

The left controls 90% of the media and it is probably reason #1 why last nights events occurred. They are part of the plan not objective outsiders. Could not be more obvious than in this campaign.

The left controls the schools, from kindergarten through grad school and their leftist influence (NEA brainwashing) is everywhere throughout the education system. What a great way to enlarge your brand?

The number of people who work for Government agencies (Federal, State and Local) is astounding. When a Candidate promises huge expansion of government it means job security to them and many vote to keep it that way. And this is a HUGE number of votes.

Last but not least, we have the sheeple who vote as a bloc to "increase their benefits" I believe statistics show between Government employees and those on the entitlement path, 70%-75% of Americans receive a check from the Government. Not voting for freedom any time soon.

While I despise the left and what they stand for, they have every intention to destroy your Right to keep and bear arms but they will preserve your rights to kill human fetuses. How sick is that ??

The left has stacked the deck slowly but surely over the last 50 years and regardless of how bad they govern they get reelected because they have laid the foundation. They have pretty much followed the Marxist Manifesto and unfortunately that is not yet complete. There is more to come.

The people had a choice, choose a candidate with terrorist ties, ties to a hate filled racist church, ties to Farrakhan's Nation of Islam, ties to the top dogs that destroyed Fannie/Freddie, and countless ties and associations to Marxism or...... choose a slightly imperfect American hero. And the winner is.......

Turn the lights out when you leave.
    Last edited by PocketProtector; November 5th, 2008 at 09:50 AM.

(Allegheny County)

As others have observed - Probably Not.

The GOP is practically written into election law in all fifty states so I don't expect it to disappear any time soon. But it won't change either.

The only people left in the GOP, and the ones controlling most state committies and budgets, are the neo-cons and evangelicals. No room left for fiscal-conservatives, small-government types, or Reagan Democrats and social moderates. And not much support for the 2A at the national level as well. If your priorities are not stopping gays from getting married or banning abortion then it doesn't offer much.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast