Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mossberg fan.

Red face Mossberg fan.

I have a Mossberg 500 12G for skeet and just love the way it works. It came with a slug barrel and scope (Deer Slayer) and both also are compensated. Next I would like the Mossberg 590 in 12G for fun shooting and HD.

Wife has a Remington 1300 Ranger in 20G
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Mossberg ?

I also have a mossberg shot gun in 12 G., interchangeble barrel to 28" and 18"
    it is a very good shot gun for me too for a lower price. I am planning to dress it up with top folder and sling. I have not spent attention on this peace for a long time now so it looks new. Frenchy, have you tried firing your Mossberg with a slug or sabot ? I have not mine yet, tell me how it works with yours.

Quote Originally Posted by deepcharge41
    I also have a mossberg shot gun in 12 G., interchangeble barrel to 28" and 18"
    it is a very good shot gun for me too for a lower price. I am planning to dress it up with top folder and sling. I have not spent attention on this peace for a long time now so it looks new. Frenchy, have you tried firing your Mossberg with a slug or sabot ? I have not mine yet, tell me how it works with yours.
    Did a box of 20 Slug... Shoulder remembers it too! after about 12 shots trying to zero the scope it kept getting worst! I I was starting to think i was anticipating, yet I usually can take a good punch. To redeem my confidence I started to shoot from the hip and hitting the target, then taking the barrel off, I find out the scope was not tight on the rail!!!
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Got a Mossberg 500 persuader cruiser, and customizing as we speak. Got a skeleton stock, a 6 round side caddy, and a weaver rail, pistol post front grip to put on. Considering adding an attatchment for a mini maglight as well. I just need to go out and get a good socket set to put it all together.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhiaxus View Post
    Got a Mossberg 500 persuader cruiser, and customizing as we speak. Got a skeleton stock, a 6 round side caddy, and a weaver rail, pistol post front grip to put on. Considering adding an attatchment for a mini maglight as well. I just need to go out and get a good socket set to put it all together.
    Sounds like mine except I put a folding stock on it. How much did you pay for the 500 stock? I think mine was under 300$
    "SEPIUS EXERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATER INFINITAS"

A man who has no patriotic feeling is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

(Bucks County)

Paid 325, it was my first firearms purchase, was a good deal in my eyes (the 7+1 ) version usually retails for like 360+

Default Re: Mossberg fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Did a box of 20 Slug... Shoulder remembers it too! after about 12 shots trying to zero the scope it kept getting worst! I I was starting to think i was anticipating, yet I usually can take a good punch. To redeem my confidence I started to shoot from the hip and hitting the target, then taking the barrel off, I find out the scope was not tight on the rail!!!
    try the stocks from KNOXX industries.
    www.knoxx.com they have VIDEOS showing how the stocks really work in the field. he even holds the butt to his abdomen with his back to a wall and fires off a round, and does it again on his shoulder.
    [/SIGPIC]Tracer Rounds work BOTH ways.

(Lehigh County)

I have some question for Mossberg guys.

I'm right now floating between Moosy and Rem 870, I have my head set on the Rem 870 but the Mossy price is look pretty good, as I was almost walked out with the Mossy but stop the deal because of rust concern.

My primary of getting a SG is for HD but sometime I'd take it with me on my boat in ocean on fishing trip and was told "not too good" for it, so beside the Mossberg Mariner and Rem 870 Marine magnum, do they gets rust easily for couple days on salted air?.

The newer 870's also have rust issues....it's because of the finish...if you buy an 870 express...I'd advise to use Norrell's Moly Resin or GunKote on the finish. All you need is an inexpensive air brush kit you can buy at wal mart $20...spray and bake for an hour. The finish looks nice and is very durable.

I know that many like the mossbergs, but they feel cheap compared to an 870. Some people like the safety on the mossbergs more, compared to 870's buttom safety. Both are good shotguns...IMO there is nothing better than an 870.

The Knoxx SpecOps stock is the cat's meow, BTW.

(Lehigh County)

Thanks for the tip Aubie515, that's very interesting and would you please fill me in a little more info on the Norrell or Gunkote things, where can I get them.

Back to the finish of the Rem, if I do the Gunkote thing, that's only protect the outside right?. what about the inner (gun lube?). If I only use it for HD and not taking it to the ocean, do I still worry about rust?.

I do like the Rem more than the Mossy but, the safety on the Mossy is much better to me though and I'm right handed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast