Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default NRA and Factcheck.org

I just thought this was interesting and wanted to share. It does deal with open and concealed carrying so I am posting it here:

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...ets_obama.html

NRA Claim: "Pass Federal Laws Eliminating Your Right-to-Carry"

True: In 2004, while running for the Democratic nomination for the Senate seat he now holds, Obama indeed called for "national legislation" to prevent anyone but law enforcers from carrying concealed firearms. The Chicago Tribune, which queried the candidates on several issues, reported:

Chicago Tribune (Feb. 20 2004): Obama ... backed federal legislation that would ban citizens from carrying weapons, except for law enforcement. He cited Texas as an example of a place where a law allowing people to carry weapons has "malfunctioned" because hundreds of people granted licenses had prior convictions.

"National legislation will prevent other states' flawed concealed-weapons laws from threatening the safety of Illinois residents," Obama said.

More recently, Obama was quoted by the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review in an article on April 2, 2008, saying "I am not in favor of concealed weapons. ... I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: NRA and Factcheck.org

Thanks for the post. But it's no surprise to me.

His comment on not being in favor of concealed weapons because... shows he has no idea what he is talking about.

Just as Clinton swares the first AWB prevented crime, even though studies proved it didn't
    “It's not a gun control problem; it's a cultural control problem.” Bob Barr

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun." Arnold Schwarzenegger