Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cambria County)

Default Monthly PAFOA Shoot

I was wondering if there would be any interest in setting up a monthly shoot for members of this forum. We could move the site monthly. Say, April = Central PA. Then May = Eastern PA. Then June = Western PA. Would give us a reason to get out and shoot. (Not that you guys need one. But this is a good excuse for the better half) We could meet each other and see if emptymag is the chick magnet he claims he is . Show off our toys . And just have a good time throwing lead down range .

We would need to find some big, easy to reach ranges and go from there. Well, if there is any interest anyway.
    The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control....
    The day they want my guns, they'll have to bring theirs!!!
    Proud to be One of the 3%

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Monthly PAFOA Shoot

We could meet each other and see if emptymag is the chick magnet he claims he is
    You know, I DID have my camera w/me yesterday, but when I saw you guys, I didn't want to make you look bad by posting a group photo with ME in it!

I say take this idea and run with it!

TheHighChild started the "Pittsburgh folk unite for FOOD!" thread and we all joined in and made it happen in a relatively short period of time!
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/allegheny...-food-1-a.html

Two weeks earlier, I tried something similar on a smaller scale and only TheHighChild and I were able to make it. HOWEVER, the trip to the range seems to have ignited a brush fire in his shorts, because he joined the club a few days later and has been going non-stop ever since! Just getting a few people together is a GREAT way to promote the "shooting sports" in my view.

We had a GREAT time and I hope others can do the same type of thing as well!

Emptymag
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Schuylkill County)

I say its a great idea we should try to figure something out, and run with it.

(York County)

Sounds like a great idea to me!

(Westmoreland County)

I can't say I know anything about the rest of the state but I think some of the guys in the SE get together and shoot. As Emptymag said, we had a shindig on Sunday and we were there a week before trying to get people together. If you're in the SW part of the state, there's the Pitcairn Monroeville Sportsmans Club so you can go there with a bunch of members and there's Bloomautomatic's club down here somewhere as well.

If you hype it enough(>10 pages of worthless crap), I may just have to take a PTO day and make the trip. Although, I would promote it regionally instead of State-wide. You're gonna have a hell of a time figuring a place central to everyone.
    "Because I'm an American." - MtnJack

(Beaver County)

I like the idea. A good compromise might have regonal monthly shoots then quarterly or bi-anually have state wide shoot at rotating locations. I could make monthly shoots at different clubs, but I probably would only attend one or two statewide type shoots. Only because I'm active in alot of different shooting activities which results in me doing alot of work at my club. As for scheduling purposes the second Sunday of the month works for me.

(Dauphin County)

Thumbs up Re: Monthly PAFOA Shoot

I think an organized shoot would be great. I don't know many of you yet but roland seemed to have a good idea with the monthly, quarterly, semi deal. Perhaps shared transport would make it easier to get to shoots in the other parts of the state? I know personally I'd rather spend 50$ on ammo rather than gas. Most of the posts in this sect are from the pits area so how bout hearing from others in s.cent. pa. Near harrisburg there are several public and private places to shoot. I recently joined the west shore sportsmans assoc. I'm not sure if they'd let a group shoot but I'd be willing to find out. So speak up if you're in my area. If we could get a group shoot going in each of our respective areas then it would prob be easier to coordinate a regional shoot knowing how many would be into it.
    Last edited by PA Dave; March 18th, 2007 at 05:08 PM. Reason: wrong reference

(Allegheny County)

Just to throw this out there.
    There was an attempt to have one here in sw pa one week. results 2 people
    The next week food was mentioned. It was a smashing success.
    Wonder if that food line had anything to do with it?

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Koli01 View Post
    Just to throw this out there.
    There was an attempt to have one here in sw pa one week. results 2 people
    The next week food was mentioned. It was a smashing success.
    Wonder if that food line had anything to do with it?
    lol! I'm sure it didn't hurt anything. Food always makes a good thing better.

(Beaver County)

It wasn't just any food, it was good food!