Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Chester County)

Default Re: New OC/CC Holster Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by eulogyADD View Post
    LOL!

I was thinking reaching back with the left hand behind the back. But its his left had thats bum so I guess he switches the pistol in his hands.
    the post above said the left hand was stronger....not sure if that is a typo, though.

I practice shooting and reloading with both hands, shooting with one hand right and left. Switching hands with my gun isn't a issue, if I get to the place in a SHTF senario where I need to change magazines it ain't gonna matter what hand I use, I am more comfortable with my right hand doing it.

Practice makes things easier. Try it, draw, shoot 2-3 shots with your draw side hand, 2-3 with both, then 2-3 with the other hand next time your at the range.

You need to learn how to shoot with one hand, both sides to be ready to defend yourself close in if attacked, that way one hand/arm can be used to block a attack while the other hand readies to shoot.

Life isn't as easy as a weaver stance
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    I practice shooting and reloading with both hands, shooting with one hand right and left. Switching hands with my gun isn't a issue, if I get to the place in a SHTF senario where I need to change magazines it ain't gonna matter what hand I use, I am more comfortable with my right hand doing it.

Practice makes things easier. Try it, draw, shoot 2-3 shots with your draw side hand, 2-3 with both, then 2-3 with the other hand next time your at the range.

You need to learn how to shoot with one hand, both sides to be ready to defend yourself close in if attacked, that way one hand/arm can be used to block a attack while the other hand readies to shoot.

Life isn't as easy as a weaver stance
    I don't think I could agree with any of that.

Here is how you can setup to reload...

That's a friend...he's got a cleaner reload than I do.

Here is me, with my carry gear.

Not bad, but not as good.

Now, do you want to setup your gear so that you can have a ~2 second reload (as seen above), or a 5+ second reload, where you risk dropping your gun from handing it back and forth? Reloading is tough enough, it ain't gonna be any easier when your getting shot at.

Not sure what your weaver comment is getting at, either. I shoot isosc.

You said your left hand is you better hand....yet you shoot right handed....so why not reload with your left hand? You won't have to switch hands with your gun, you indicated you have better motor skills with it, it WILL be faster, and simplier.

When it is clearly faster, and easier to perform a reload as I have advocated...why would you still choose to perform them have you have described?

I don't disagree that you should be able to operate your gun with 1 hand, either hand, etc....I've practiced all that stuff (thought not as much as I should). I can clear my gun behind my back with my off-side, and reload my gun using my holster to hold the gun steady while I put the mag in, etc. But why handicap yourself from the get-go? What benefit does it provide?

Question Re: New OC/CC Holster Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by tdyoung58 View Post
    Newest OWB Frontline Holster for my Taurus PT745 Millinium Pro, the Gerber multitool pouch is what I use for my extra magazine.

Where did you purchase the holster, brand, model, etc. I need one in a left hand model?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123