Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Post Cops at man's home for opposing obama...

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...w&pageId=79513

Police threaten criminal trespass after delivery of anti-Dem letter
    Posted: October 30, 2008
    11:00 pm Eastern

By Chelsea Schilling
    WorldNetDaily

A Kansas resident is claiming he has been unfairly threatened by officers after he hand delivered a note to a police department administrator explaining why he will not vote for Obama.

Brent Garner of Lawrence, Kan., told WND he composed an essay on Oct. 29 detailing Obama's connections with communist Frank Davis and Weatherman William Ayers, the Democrat's tax plan and his lack of protection for infants born alive following failed abortion procedures.

He then put the letter in an envelope and delivered it to Obama supporter and Lawrence Police Department civilian administrator Kim Murphree, whom he had met at his church.

"She demanded to know what was in the envelope," Garner said. "I simply told her to read it that it was self-explanatory and then walked off her property. She then began to yell at me and call me names while I was in the street."

Garner said his wife witnessed the incident from the couple's minivan.

He then drove home, and a clergyman from his church called him, saying Murphree had complained about the letter. While he was speaking on the phone, only 10-15 minutes following his letter delivery, an officer from the Lawrence Police Department appeared on his doorstep.

"He belligerently demanded to speak with me," Garner said. "I asked him if I was required to speak with him without an attorney present. He told me no, and I bade him leave my property. He then told me that Kim had lodged a criminal trespass complaint against me and that if I went on her property again I would be arrested."

Garner said he told the officer he would consult an attorney.

"I perceived this to be a blatant effort to intimidate me over my political beliefs and that such action was illegal and unconstitutional," he said. "He became more belligerent where upon my wife stepped up and informed him that what Kim claimed I had done was a lie as she, my wife, was there as a witness."

Garner said he believes the administrator used her association with the local police to punish him for his political beliefs.

"A 15-minute response for something like this, something that would be considered a nonviolent crime?" he said. "If I had been violent, a quick response would have been most in order."

Chapter 21, Section 3721(a) of Kansas law states criminal trespassing is when a "person enters or remains therein in defiance of an order not to enter or to leave such premises or property personally communicated to such person by the owner thereof or other authorized person."

But Garner said he was never aggressive, and he left Murphree's property immediately. However, police still met him on his doorstep.

"I was told that if I went anywhere near her that they would arrest me," he said.

When WND contacted dispatcher Kim Murphree to verify the allegations, she responded, "Me, let you know if it was true?"

She then referred to the department's internal affairs officer and hung up her phone before the conversation had ended.

Internal affairs officer Sgt. Bill Corey said, "It looks like someone showed up to her house, the fellow you talked to, apparently. He was very aggressive apparently, and she wanted him off her property, and he wouldn't leave."

But when told that Garner said he did leave immediately, Corey said, "I don't know. I don't think so. It doesn't show here in the call."

Corey confirmed that an officer had spoken with Garner.

"We just said that that person doesn't want them on their property, and they have the right not to have someone on their property if they don't want them on their property and please don't go back," he said.

Corey said police filed an informational report, but he said he doesn't believe Murphree will press charges.

However, Garner said he has contacted John McCain's campaign, and it has collected information from him about the incident. He plans to consult an attorney.

"If I can drag the Lawrence Police Department into it, I am going to do that," he said. "To me, this is a blatant attempt to punish me for my constitutionally protected right of free speech."
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

Default Re: Cops at man's home for opposing obama...

Why in the hell did this person deliver a note to a 'Police Department Administrator' regarding why he/she was not voting for ANYONE.

This sounds like a plea for attention.

What kind of goofball writes an essay on Obama and hand delivers it to someone he met at church? He hands her the letter and does not tell her what is in the envolope when she asks him. This jackass sounds like some kind of nut to me. Does anyone else find his behavior odd?

I seriously doubt he was targeted because of his political beliefs.

(Lehigh County)

If it was me, I'd have sprung for a stamp... capish?

(Montgomery County)

Who cares if he is a nut or not? Did he do anything illegal? That's the question. I find it far more disturbing that police were dispached to his home over a letter. Way to waste taxpayer money jerkoffs.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Beaver County)

Thumbs up Re: Cops at man's home for opposing obama...

Quote Originally Posted by 625 View Post
    Who cares if he is a nut or not? Did he do anything illegal? That's the question. I find it far more disturbing that police were dispached to his home over a letter. Way to waste taxpayer money jerkoffs.
    bingo.......
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(Chester County)

from the article:

"She demanded to know what was in the envelope," Garner said. "I simply told her to read it that it was self-explanatory and then walked off her property. She then began to yell at me and call me names while I was in the street."

Garner said his wife witnessed the incident from the couple's minivan.

He then drove home, and a clergyman from his church called him, saying Murphree had complained about the letter. While he was speaking on the phone, only 10-15 minutes following his letter delivery, an officer from the Lawrence Police Department appeared on his doorstep.

"He belligerently demanded to speak with me," Garner said. "I asked him if I was required to speak with him without an attorney present. He told me no, and I bade him leave my property. He then told me that Kim had lodged a criminal trespass complaint against me and that if I went on her property again I would be arrested."
    "walked off of her property" - sounds like he hand delivered his note to her home. She called the cops and filed a complaint. The cops went and told him the complaint was filed. Sorry if the cop wasn't delivering coffee at the same time.

Sounds to me like a non-story, and some crackpot looking for attention. He should join the guys with API, Ashley Todd, and Joe the Plumber - they'd make a great team.

(Montgomery County)

"walked off of her property" - sounds like he hand delivered his note to her home. She called the cops and filed a complaint. The cops went and told him the complaint was filed. Sorry if the cop wasn't delivering coffee at the same time.
    Again, is this hand delivery illegal? If so, then I should become a jerkoff like this bitch and file a complaint every time a politician, Jahovah's witness, or high school kid selling magazine subscriptions steps foot on my property. You actually think this is reasonable?

He should join the guys with API, Ashley Todd, and Joe the Plumber
    What's your problem with Joe the plumber? He was minding his own business when nObama approached him.
    Last edited by 625; October 31st, 2008 at 11:11 AM.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Philadelphia County)

Looks like a case of cops looking out for their own. If you or I called to complain that a man wrote us a letter, I doubt we'd get the same response.

(Chester County)

Again, is this hand delivery illegal? If so, then I should become a jerkoff like this bitch and file a complaint every time a politician, Jahovah's witness, or high school kid selling magazine subscriptions steps foot on my property. You actually think this is reasonable?
    If someone I probably had an unpleasant conversation with then decided to hand deliver a letter with his political views to me, at my house, yeah, I probably would file a complaint. You wouldn't?

What's your problem with Joe the plumber? He was minding his own business when nObama approached him.
    Joe the plumber - http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/10...-death-israel/ - Why would mccain pick an "uninitiated person" to campaign for him, and why would you let him say stupid stuff like that? Even FOX was puzzled:

Look at the last 30 seconds here, for more on Joe and how Fox is even "puzzled" at his comments:
    Last edited by MTechnik; October 31st, 2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: add video

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast