Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Township form for CCW

I was paying a sewer bill and decided to stop at my township police department (West Norriton) to see if they had the forms to get my CCW. They gave me the local police check form and the state form. They also have a township form that asks for some odd and maybe questionable information:

--Name and number of family physician
    --Reason for request of permit
    --Types of Weapons and serial numbers

The form notes that refusal to provide this information is sufficient cause to deny permit.

Anyone else come across these types of questions?

(York County)

Default Re: Township form for CCW

IMHO - Fuck the township, they have no legal right. State Law supersedes their trivial crap. There are several posts quoting state law on what is required for a LTCF, do a quick search and arm yourself with knowledge.

(Lackawanna County)

Correct me if I am wrong, but why even go to the township police? The county sheriff is charged with issuing LTCF's in Pennsylvania.

I've heard that the sheriff of Montgomery County can be a real ****.

http://www2.montcopa.org/montco/cwp/view,a,3,q,4033.asp

We really need to force our elected officials to reel in these petty bureaucrats who run the individual counties and townships as if they were their own personal fiefdom.

(Venango County)

that's just odd...there's no requirement for any of that to get your LTCF

But in the end it's up to you how many hoops you are willing to jump through to get what you want, or how prepared you are to fight for your rights in the case of a denial on bogus grounds.

IMHO do some searching on state law, and talk to the sheriff when you apply there. If he tells you that you have to do that to get it, then either do it, and gripe.....or apply without it, and sue upon refusal to accept your application, and or subsequent denial. keep in mind that the microscope will be dragged off under that circumstance, and it won't be cheap.

Glock Pistols.......So simple a Caveman could fix them!

(Delaware County)

I stopped at the department just to get the local check form...not expecting to have to fill out another township form asking questions like these. Why would they want to know the name of my family physician?

For the question about reason for requesting permit, I guess "Because I want one!" won't fly.

Just when I thought something would be easy...

(Allegheny County)

Wow - according the MontCo sheriff's site, here are the requirements to get a LCTF:

- You will need to COME IN - IN PERSON to the Court House in Norristown with the following:

1. Pennsylvania Drivers License and/or Pennsylvania I.D. Card with your Montgomery County address.
    2. If renewing, applicant must remember to supply names, addresses and telephone numbers of two (2) references (not immediate family.)
    3. Local Police check card must be signed by your local police department (New Applicants).
    4. $25.00 or $46.00 cash, check or money order (No Credit/Debit cards accepted.)
    5. Foreign-born applicants who are U.S. Citizens must supply Passport or Naturalization Paperwork.
    6. Foreign-born applicants who are not U.S. Citizens must provide proof of immigration status and ninety (90) days proof of residency (i.e. 3 months of utility bills).
    Don't remember there being a "local police check card" requirement here in Allegheny county...and is that a typo in #2? Should that be for those "NOT" renewing? Why would you need references for a renewal but not a first application?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by cybrus View Post
    Wow - according the MontCo sheriff's site, here are the requirements to get a LCTF:

Don't remember there being a "local police check card" requirement here in Allegheny county...and is that a typo in #2? Should that be for those "NOT" renewing? Why would you need references for a renewal but not a first application?
    The term "renewal" in PA is an oxymoron.

The legal process to renew your LTCF is exactly the same as it is for a new issue.

By default you need the references. However some people still believe they dont need to provide that info on a renewal.

(Monroe County)

(Luzerne County)

I'm confused. Your profile says DelCo but your requirement for a police check card is congruent with MontCo...

If you reside in Delco, you need to apply through DelCo sheriff ofc.

Now, as to the police chk card.

Couple problems here. There is no req for this in 18Pa.C.S.6109, which is the controlling statute for license issuance. But the SO is going to argue it complies with paraghraph (c) of the above 6109
    The form may contain provisions, not
    exceeding one page, to assure compliance with this section.
    However.
    The requested info on this twp form is in clear violation of both 6111.4 and 6120. Especially since it states it is required and reason for denial of license.
    Utter BS.
    This would make for a nice class action civil suit.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Delaware County)

My office/work is in Media and I mistakenly put that down when registering. I figure I will give them what they want...and see how it goes.

If I get refused by the township...then I will figure out the next steps to take.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast