Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bob Barr and the Mossy 590 Giveaway

If you're reading this for the first time, it was probably too late for you, too.

Oh, well.

The Obama campaign may be loaded. But it’s the Libertarian presidential campaign that’s armed to the teeth.

This morning, the Bob Barr campaign announced that anyone making a $2,300 campaign contribution to the longshot contender before midnight (tonight) would receive an unusual thank-you gift: “a new, in the box, hard to find, 12 gauge Mossberg Model 590A pump shotgun.” It’s worth $500.

But wait, there’s more.

Barr -- a former Republican congressman who once led the impeachment charge against Bill Clinton -- will personally autograph each weapon.

According to Barr’s website every contribution “equips this campaign with the ammunition we need to fight to protect your gun rights.”

Barr has been a vocal critic of the McCain-Feingold Act, the law regulating campaign contributions, calling it an abridgement of 1st Amendment rights.

An FEC spokesman says that's fine -- the value of the gun is an in-kind contribution from whoever provides it (and $500 is well within the contribution limit) and its fine for the campaign to give it to a donor so long as the campaign is getting significant benefit from the process (i.e. that it isn't using campaign funds for the personal benefit of someone else.)

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/p..._a_weapon.html

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Bob Barr and the Mossy 590 Giveaway

Barr is just as bad a as the rest of them.....although he dose seem like he is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by crakkajakka15 View Post
    Barr is just as bad a as the rest of them.....although he dose seem like he is starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    They are ALL still politicians so we will get what we get.

(Chester County)

im not a fan of barr either he is as much a libertarian as Obama is... and a hard to find "rare" mossberg 590a1? lol they are all over the place and not worth $500

btw: this "libertarian" voted FOR the patriot act , and is a former CIA member... does anyone really think anyone in the CIA is really after securing american citizens rights as per the constitution? come on. seriously, also a very strong supporter of the war on drugs... Anti-Drug coordinator for the Department of Justice... stopped legislation from being passed decriminalizing marijuana and then years later lobby for the pro marijuana groups....
    BOO TO BARR!!
    Last edited by c.sander; October 30th, 2008 at 02:15 PM.

(Dauphin County)

It would be a massive help to get almost ANY third party ticket into the White House. I'd just vote for him to get the Libertarians in there, he will be leaps and bounds better than McCain or Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    im not a fan of barr either he is as much a libertarian as Obama is... and a hard to find "rare" mossberg 590a1? lol they are all over the place and not worth $500

btw: this "libertarian" voted FOR the patriot act , and is a former CIA member... does anyone really think anyone in the CIA is really after securing american citizens rights as per the constitution? come on. seriously, also a very strong supporter of the war on drugs... Anti-Drug coordinator for the Department of Justice... stopped legislation from being passed decriminalizing marijuana and then years later lobby for the pro marijuana groups....
    BOO TO BARR!!
    Wow, you really need to do some more reading.

You mention the Patriot Act, do you even know who voted for it or against it?

1 senator voted against the original Patriot Act[and 10 against the renewal in 2006], I suggest you do some more research and take a look at the candidate you support before you post.
    Last edited by seoulstice; October 30th, 2008 at 02:55 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by c.sander View Post
    BOO TO BARR!!
    your information on barr is out of date.

he has seen the light and done a 180* on the war on drugs and big brother nanny state government in general.

if anything, his past gives him more credibility when it comes to criticizing the nanny state.

(York County)

At this point a vote for Barr is essentially a vote for Obama, he has no chance in hell of winning the election and the only message a person would send by voting Barr is that they don't want their vote to count for anything. Might as well stay home.
    Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see a strong third party candidate run but now is not the time. If you love your guns and your freedom, ya'll know where your vote needs to go.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    Wow, you really need to do some more reading.

You mention the Patriot Act, do you even know who voted for it or against it?

1 senator voted against the original Patriot Act[and 10 against the renewal in 2006], I suggest you do some more research and take a look at the candidate you support before you post.
    hey doofus... BARR VOTED FOR IT. nothing is libertarian about the patriot act.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleRedToyota View Post
    your information on barr is out of date.

he has seen the light and done a 180* on the war on drugs and big brother nanny state government in general.

if anything, his past gives him more credibility when it comes to criticizing the nanny state.
    I agree. And Bob Barr is a big enough man to publicly admit his mistakes, and is now making the effort to move in the other direction. That's one of the key points for me, that he admits the mistakes in his past and doesn't try to cover them up by mysteriously making statements more appealing to his targeted voters in anticipation of an election.

If I were in Congress back in 2001, I would have voted for the PATRIOT Act. In fact, back in 2001, I was one of the biggest neo-conservative Republicans out there. But I saw the light, embraced the concept of freedom, and transitioned to being a Libertarian (well, Classic Liberal to be more specific).
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast