Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Perkasie (San Diego right now), Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Default Please read before doing any business with Optics Planet

Ok, here is my story. In the beginning of July I purchased a Bushnell Tropy 1X32 T dot scope. When I purchased this scope it said it was in stock. About 2days later I recieved an email informing me that they were out of stock and it should ship in 5-10 business days. This wasn't a big deal because I would've still recieved it before I returned from Iraq. I inquired again on Aug 6th about it and was told that Bushnell was making more and it should be in soon. I waited until Aug 27th and when I talked to them they said that it would be in around the middle to end of September. I wasn't happy but I really would have no use for it because I don't plan on coming home to PA until mid Nov. So once again I waited patiently until Sept 20th to inquire again and this time they tell me that they will have them Oct 1st and that this information is coming directly from Bushnell. Well Oct 10th I still didn't hear anything so I contact them again and they said it would ship in the next couple of weeks, and I call today to be told that they have no idea when they would be in. I asked them if I could be compensated for my patience and was told that I could buy the demo model for a discounted price of $111 when it was just on sale for $109 a week ago. So I asked if they would throw in a Surefire lamp assembly ($29 value) because I had waited so long and was told no. At that point I told them to cancell my order. I'm sure people have had good experiences dealing with this company, but I just wanted to throw this out there in case someone was thinking about shopping on their site. Customer service reps replied to questions quickly during the process but I can't believe that all I was offered was a $111 demo scope after waiting 3+ months for a new one that cost $138 brand new.

I always believed it was cheaper to keep a customer then to lose one, so I am spreading my experience, not for them to lose business just for others to be informed of how they do business.

If anyone has a red dot or holo sight they want to part with shoot me a PM with model# and Price

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Please read before doing any business with Optics Planet

So... if you know people have had good experiences dealing with this business, and recognize that you may be the exception to the norm, what's the point in posting this? What are you hoping to accomplish?
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Perkasie (San Diego right now), Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    So... if you know people have had good experiences dealing with this business, and recognize that you may be the exception to the norm, what's the point in posting this? What are you hoping to accomplish?
    Just want people to know that if they buy something on that site, this may happen to them. I should have posted this in the where to shop / not shop thread but I didn't see that until I had already posted here.

(Lehigh County)

you jar heads are so impatient.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but believe me, it's on the damned list.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    The guy has had a bad customer service experience with this company. He sharing his experience with the rest of us. I don't know that he is looking for anything other then to give the rest of us a heads up about this company.

Screw ups will happen to the best of companies. How they deal with those screw ups is usually more telling about the companies policies then anything else. They have misinformed this guy several times about the availability of his product and when asked for some sort of compensation they offer a 25 price break on a demo model. I'm sorry that's not much of an incentive.

I'm not saying that the customer is always right and that business should bend over backwards to please them, but I am saying that a business should make good when they are clearly in the wrong.

(York County)

I for one thank you for the headsup. I grabbed that same reddot for my MKIII and got it from bass pro , it got great reviews online.

(Beaver County)

The product was originally listed as "in stock", so the company lied from the start, and made a pathetic attempt to keep the sale.

I'm glad to know about the way they (fail to) do business. They just lost another customer: me.

And, the more we post about this, the more it'll show up on internet searches, so the snowball effect may cost them even more. It's a monumentally bad idea to do business poorly on the internet.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

Quote Originally Posted by Ten*K View Post
    you jar heads are so impatient.
    How was he being impatient? He waited patiently for his order each time the company gave him the run around and after three months of waiting he finally decided to cancel his order.

They've just lost another potential customer, I was looking to pick up a VX-II soon and they had pretty good prices.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by seoulstice View Post
    How was he being impatient? He waited patiently for his order each time the company gave him the run around and after three months of waiting he finally decided to cancel his order.

They've just lost another potential customer, I was looking to pick up a VX-II soon and they had pretty good prices.

um errr ummm...........

I do belive what you witnessed was a devil dog to devil dog exchange..

look at the banner under 10*k.........

anyhooo doing the 'curly shuffle' to someone like this does not make me want to patronize the businees in question.

to the OP thanks for the heads up.
    gotta love her ;)

Quote Originally Posted by gold cup abuser View Post
    um errr ummm...........

I do belive what you witnessed was a devil dog to devil dog exchange..

look at the banner under 10*k.........

anyhooo doing the 'curly shuffle' to someone like this does not make me want to patronize the businees in question.

to the OP thanks for the heads up.
    Ah, I get it now! My apologies to Ten*K if I sounded a bit harsh, I just get ticked off when companies treat their customers like this and have experienced it first hand myself!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast