Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Thumbs down Very unpleasant experience at Ready, Aim, Fire range in Bucks

I went to Ready, Aim, Fire this past saturday with my father. As we were walking to the lane we both noticed that there were A LOT of people in there. There were six people to a lane in some instances, all of whom were renting weapons, eyes, and ears (included because it was evident they were very inexperienced). We were at the far end so we figured we would be alright. After sending a few magazines worth of ammo down range. A few kids came back to their lane, three down from us, with a full-auto they rented. These kids were about 18-19. I was in the stall shootin, when I came out to allow my dad to go in, he looked pissed. The kid shooting had turned all the way around pointing his weapon at everyone in the place, lucky I hadn't seen him or I would've fired. These kids proceed to get up to the line and just unload the entire mag, every single time. A couple lanes the other way, another kid turns around waving a pistol and his idiot friends decide to SHOVE him back into the stall. I would assume that there are idiot kids who attempt this at most ranges, however, the scary part is that there was an attendant from the range looking through the glass at everything going on AND DIDN'T SAY A DAMN WORD TO ANY OF THEM. This is the first and last time I ever set foot in this range.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

Default Re: Very unpleasant experience at Ready, Aim, Fire range in Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtCriminal View Post
    I went to Ready, Aim, Fire this past saturday with my father. As we were walking to the lane we both noticed that there were A LOT of people in there. There were six people to a lane in some instances, all of whom were renting weapons, eyes, and ears (included because it was evident they were very inexperienced). We were at the far end so we figured we would be alright. After sending a few magazines worth of ammo down range. A few kids came back to their lane, three down from us, with a full-auto they rented. These kids were about 18-19. I was in the stall shootin, when I came out to allow my dad to go in, he looked pissed. The kid shooting had turned all the way around pointing his weapon at everyone in the place, lucky I hadn't seen him or I would've fired. These kids proceed to get up to the line and just unload the entire mag, every single time. A couple lanes the other way, another kid turns around waving a pistol and his idiot friends decide to SHOVE him back into the stall. I would assume that there are idiot kids who attempt this at most ranges, however, the scary part is that there was an attendant from the range looking through the glass at everything going on AND DIDN'T SAY A DAMN WORD TO ANY OF THEM. This is the first and last time I ever set foot in this range.
    I hope you're being facetious about the part where you "would've fired."

Did you say anything to the people working there, or to the kids?

Safety is everyone's job. Yes the employee looking on should have cut that horseshit instantly.

At PMSC everyone is a range officer, everyone can call clear and everyone can call someone out on unsafe handling or inappropriate action.

(Allegheny County)

This is the first and last time I ever set foot in this range.
    Telling "us" helps you "vent", but telling them, may help correct the problem you witnessed.

ETA:
    Moving this thread...
    Last edited by Emptymag; October 27th, 2008 at 08:05 PM.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Seriously.

Lycansaysomethingnexttimethrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post

Did you say anything to the people working there, or to the kids?

Safety is everyone's job. Yes the employee looking on should have cut that horseshit instantly.

At PMSC everyone is a range officer, everyone can call clear and everyone can call someone out on unsafe handling or inappropriate action.
    I was not being facetious, if someone points a loaded weapon at me, I am going to protect myself and my father. What if they actually fire the next time?

It is the responsibility of the range employees to make sure these people know how to operate a weapon responsibly. I will just go to the range I normally go to where this kind of nonsense is not tolerated, even though it is a much further drive.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

(Allegheny County)

lucky I hadn't seen him or I would've fired.
    Surely not...
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

I was not being facetious, if someone points a loaded weapon at me, I am going to protect myself and my father. What if they actually fire the next time?

It is the responsibility of the range employees to make sure these people know how to operate a weapon responsibly. I will just go to the range I normally go to where this kind of nonsense is not tolerated, even though it is a much further drive.
    It's different at a range.

We can't have shootings going on at ranges.

It is your duty to thouroghly bitch out anyone doing that sort of stuff. AND bitch out the Ro watching it all.

I was not being facetious, if someone points a loaded weapon at me, I am going to protect myself and my father. What if they actually fire the next time?....
    They were not "pointing " it at you, they obviously had no clue WHAT they were doing. I would have gone over and given them a very stern warning and some general safety info on how NOT to point at things they don't intend on shooting.

I had the same thing happen at a local indoor range , many years ago, and I have not been back since.

(Bucks County)

[QUOTE=P-11 shooter;475655]It's different at a range.
    QUOTE]

Are firearms somehow less effective at ranges?

(Allegheny County)

[QUOTE=ThoughtCriminal;475659
    Are firearms somehow less effective at ranges?[/QUOTE]

Not quite what all have meant here... If you would have fired, there would most likely have been a death, you in handcuffs, read your rights, and you never would have been allowed to own a firearm again... IF you ever made it out of prison.

Not condoning the actions of the inexperienced people at the range.. just saying that a stern warning and some education would be the better road to travel.

Falc
    Last edited by Falcon118; October 27th, 2008 at 09:51 PM.
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast