Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: It was my turn to defend Open Carry

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    Thanks guys! I am by no means the perfect cop, we all make mistakes, but I try my best. It really annoys me when I hear fellow officers screwed something up. And trust me, it happens alot. Really annoys me when I tell some new officers; No you can't do that and they don't believe me. Normally I hand them the law book and say read it all and then come back to me.

Plus who is going to rob a store with 300 PLUS cops next door??
    well.....i would wager that MOST criminals aren't the brightest bulb on the tree, so.....

ditto for letting the cashier know that anyone can carry openly....

Quote Originally Posted by chesire17201 View Post
    well.....i would wager that MOST criminals aren't the brightest bulb on the tree, so.....

Yeah that is true, most are like a 5 watt candelabra bulb

PRMD,just a hair south of PA at York co, Maryland

Owing as to the fact I don't know what happened ( sounds like some dumb lady ran an officer over?) since MD doesn't report PA happenings and the York paper won't deliver to 1 mile over the line, I could see a criminal driving from MD to rob places in York co, they have done it before at the Walmart and Amish market, with purse snatching and the like. So even a smarter criminal could have missed on this one.

Um yeah I don't watch TV news either even though I could get the York stations, and no York area talk radio either. The only time I get PA stuff is here , or the trip to the library every other week, when I go grab the York paper and look through it.

Chrisjames, thanks for the educating, and I would love to see you at a southern York co OC/etc gathering, whenever I can try to organize another.
    LOL, I am a woman...

(Luzerne County)

Bravo, Chris, bravo!

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by chesire17201 View Post

True it is like the story of the dumb ass who runs into a crispy cream at like 6 am pulls a gun and screams at the cashier give me all the money or you are dead. The crook hears someone clear their their throat, so he spins around and it seemed he was in such a hurry that he ran right past 4 on duty Leo. Talok about a "Oh shit!" moment.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Monroe County)

Thanks for explaining. It is obviously appreciated

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

See... this is the perfect thread to demonstrate why this forum is NOT anti-LEO like some people seem to think. (And, yes, I'm talking about the pafoa thread I just read on glocktalk.) Quite the contrary, I think... I would say that a VAST majority of the folks here have the ultimate respect for good cops who perform their jobs the *right* way.

Good job... you did something that no non-LEO here could have done because you have the credibility in the eyes of this store clerk that non-LEOs here do not have.

Quote Originally Posted by tacticalreload View Post
    See... this is the perfect thread to demonstrate why this forum is NOT anti-LEO like some people seem to think. (And, yes, I'm talking about the pafoa thread I just read on glocktalk.) Quite the contrary, I think... I would say that a VAST majority of the folks here have the ultimate respect for good cops who perform their jobs the *right* way.

Good job... you did something that no non-LEO here could have done because you have the credibility in the eyes of this store clerk that non-LEOs here do not have.
    Thank you and I agree with you, I think a majority here have respect for us. The badge doesn't give me automatic respect, I try to earn it. Even when I worked in the prisons I gave respect to the criminals (the guilty ones and the accused) in there.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by chrisjames_71 View Post
    The badge doesn't give me automatic respect, I try to earn it. .
    That says a lot.
    It's ashame there are a few that do not share this attitude with you. They are the few that create the problems that result in the "bad cop" comments in those threads. Unfortunately, many view being critical of even the few bad LEO (that deserve it) as bashing all cops. There are a few "cops are the enemy" types here, but like you said, most people are respectful of the police, that are respectful to them.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Quote Originally Posted by Pa. Patriot View Post
    That says a lot.
    It's ashame there are a few that do not share this attitude with you. They are the few that create the problems that result in the "bad cop" comments in those threads. Unfortunately, many view being critical of even the few bad LEO (that deserve it) as bashing all cops. There are a few "cops are the enemy" types here, but like you said, most people are respectful of the police, that are respectful to them.

That there says ALOT !!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast