Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default C&R license at gun show?

C&R license at gun show?

I just got my C&R license and am wondering if I can use it at gun shows?

(Erie County)

Default Re: C&R license at gun show?

Well obviously with Joe Blow it doesn't matter.

With a dealer, yes. No PICS required I believe. It is my understanding (never purchased a gun at a gunshow with my CR) that they fill out a different form (not a 4473) so the paperwork for them is easier. I have heard some will give discounts if you have a CR partly due to less paperwork.

I still haven't used mine.

(Lebanon County)

No BS forms, just give them a signed COPY of your license to keep for their records, they give you a receipt. When you get home, put info in your bound book. I carry a couple copies to any show just in case. Also, I sign copies in red ink so signature is obviously not copied. Keep a list of dealers who have a copy of your license, they only need one.

(Chester County)

I used mine last night at the Valley Forge show for the first time.

I gave them the copy, showed my DL, gave them money, and off I went. Saved me the $10 they were going to charge me for the background check.

(Bucks County)

Thanks guys.

I used it today (twice!) at the VG gun show. Saved a extra 10% on each rifle and saved the $ 30 they were charging for the background check.

After one day the C&R license already paid for itself.

(Delaware County)

OK, I'll admit it, I had no idea what C & R meant, I do now: (Live & Learn, I try to do both every day)

Taken from this website: http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting...fl03/index.asp

The FFL 03 C&R, or Curios and Relics is a neutered FFL 01 license. The C&R allows you to purchase eligible firearms across state lines, transfer eligible weapons between licensed people, and order eligible weapons through the mail (UPS or FedEx). It is NOT a business license; it is purely for your own collecting activities. You have to be careful about that. Yes, you can sell a C&R acquired eligible firearm, but you cannot do it for your “livelihood”. You may sell or “dispose” of a C&R weapon to anyone not prohibited in your state, or to a licensee in another state.

What is a Curio or Relic, ala Title 27, Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) part 178, section 178.11
    Curios or Relics: Firearms which are of special interest to collectors by reason of some quality other than is associated with firearms intended for sporting use or as offensive or defensive weapons. To be recognized as curios or relics, firearms must fall within one of
    the following categories:
    (a) Firearms that were manufactured at least 50 years prior to the current date, but not including replicas thereof;
    (b) Firearms which are certified by the curator of a municipal, State, or Federal museum which exhibits firearms to be curios or relics of museum interest; and
    (c) Any other firearms which derive a substantial part of their monetary value from the fact that they are novel, rare, bizarre, or because of their association with some historical figure, period, or event. Proof of qualification of a particular firearm under this category may be established by evidence of present value and evidence that like firearms are not available except as collector's items, or that the value of like firearms available in ordinary commercial channels is substantially less.

A C&R license allows you to purchase rifles, pistols, shotguns and machineguns (yep, there are some of them too) that are on the ATF C&R list. Basically, these are weapons that are at least 50 years or older. HOWEVER, just because a weapon is 50 or more years old, does not make it an automatic C&R eligible weapon. ATF has a web page that lists all of the C&R eligible weapons at:

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/curios/index.htm