Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Beaver County)

Default Miculek competition lifter for Mossberg 930!

This is a MUST HAVE upgrade for the 930! For 9 years now I've lived with the cutout at the end of the lifter, tried to load with a bent thumb, and had my thumb eaten but no longer. Jerry's website had this in stock and ready to ship so I got it without a second thought. Here are some photos. I noticed that since it's slightly longer, this will catch on a factory follower. The bump at the end of the follower sticks out a bit too far and when you push the lifter up on an empty mag, it stays up because it's trapped there. Now, you can file a small amount off of the end of the lifter or change your follower. Considering the lifter cost $58 shipped and you can get a new magazine follower for about a third of that, I'd suggest changing the follower. I switched to a generic stainless steel follower I had in a spare parts bin and the bump sticks out slightly less so the lifter doesn't get stuck. Installation took a few minutes but most of that was because I turned the trigger assembly on the side and the hammer pin fell out so I had to look for it. I admit that $50 plus is not inexpensive but I think it's worth every penny. If your 930 rarely sees any action or if you have unusually plump thumbs that don't get caught, maybe it's not worth it for you but this is the shotgun I shoot the most and it's absolutely worth it for me.

13 in stock as of this post.
    https://miculek.com/product/miculek-...evator-lifter/

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Miculek competition lifter for Mossberg 930!

Nice...

I had mine welded up about 4 years ago.

(Lackawanna County)

It’s definitely a must have

Or3gun spends a ton of time working on the reliability of these things

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post

I was thinking about getting their buffer plunger kit and forearm retainer as well. The next upgrade I definitely have planned though is the SBE piston.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    This is a MUST HAVE upgrade for the 930!
    Ensure the elevator isn’t sluggish. The added weight can slow it down just enough to incite the occasional jam. No sweat if it is. You can just replace the elevator spring with a stronger one.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by X-RAY View Post
    Ensure the elevator isn’t sluggish. The added weight can slow it down just enough to incite the occasional jam. No sweat if it is. You can just replace the elevator spring with a stronger one.
    Any links you know of where I can purchase a new lifter spring? Mossberg's parts schematic page has that listed as restricted for send-in service only. I also checked midwest gun works.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Misery Loves Shotguns View Post
    Any links you know of where I can purchase a new lifter spring? Mossberg's parts schematic page has that listed as restricted for send-in service only. I also checked midwest gun works.
    It would appear Mossberg may have no issues to warrant the aftermarket part.

I have a Versa Max. After having the shell carrier extended, I had issues, but that’s normal on this model. Xrail makes the extra strength carrier dog spring for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyVet View Post
    Nice...

I had mine welded up about 4 years ago.

I bought one pre-welded from Southern Kentucky Tactical. Took fucking forever to ship and the guy is terrible at communication. The lifter works great, though.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post

Sadly, you will need all of what Or3gun sells to get the 930 to run...most of the time. My 930SPX ran great for years and then it stopped being reliable. Failures to feed and failures to eject, mostly. I did everything in the book to get it back to working order. Sent it to Mossberg, said it was fixed, it wasn't. I replaced every spring, cleaned every inch, etc. Installed the Multi-Use Essentials Combo Kit from Or3gun and the gun now runs again. It's more ammo sensitive now than before, but I can get through a match with minimal issues.

My wife is next in line for a new shotgun. Then it's my turn, and I'm eyeing up a Beretta 1301 to replace the 930SPX.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Sadly, you will need all of what Or3gun sells to get the 930 to run...most of the time. My 930SPX ran great for years and then it stopped being reliable. Failures to feed and failures to eject, mostly. I did everything in the book to get it back to working order. Sent it to Mossberg, said it was fixed, it wasn't. I replaced every spring, cleaned every inch, etc. Installed the Multi-Use Essentials Combo Kit from Or3gun and the gun now runs again. It's more ammo sensitive now than before, but I can get through a match with minimal issues.

My wife is next in line for a new shotgun. Then it's my turn, and I'm eyeing up a Beretta 1301 to replace the 930SPX.
    I couldn’t agree more I have the worst luck getting it to run. It’s a turd

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast