Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua

If you ever get the chance to check out Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua do it, great people to deal with, friendly and informative. Today was the first time I ever wondered into their store. I've driven by it many times and always thought it was another one of those little shops but Good selections of new and used guns, ammo, reloading supplies, cleaning supplies, magazines, and almost anything else firearm related. They have a magazine for just about any gun it seems. The only thing they really didn't have was good parking. I was like a kid in a candy store, they let me handle a couple firearms I was interested in, I didn't leave with any though maybe once uncle Sam gives me some of my money back I'll get something.
    www.edssportshop.com
    570-668-1080

(Schuylkill County)

Default Re: Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua

I live rite up the street and my girl takes my money and checks when i get home or i would have to live there. but seriously they are a great place and ED is a great guy his sons are ok too and i cant remember the one guys name he's new but hes doing pretty good. shop there enough and you get to be on first names with them. the only other place i buy my stuff is from our local gunsmith he knows his stuff and is very reasonable. yeah his parking sucks but what can you do.

And don't forget Vicki, the Mag Lady. She knows everything about what fits what than anybody I ever met. Nice lady too.

John C

(Berks County)

Thumbs up Re: Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua

+1 and two thumbs up to Ed, Vicki & company. I've made several purchases from them over the years at shows and at their shop. A nicer husband/wife/family operation I have yet to run across. Fair on deals and honest beyond question.

(Columbia County)

Thumbs up Re: Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua

Without question one of the premier shops to do business with in the state. Ed and crew are polite, helpful, and have great senses of humor. Makes shopping there a great experience. We've bought almost a dozen pieces off of Ed and everytime its been a breeze. As a sidenote, they are also now an Rock River Arms dealer and thier AR prices are very good, couple that with their customer interaction and my next AR-15 will be comming from them for sure.

(Bucks County)

+1 again.

I've never been to the shop but I just can't walk past their table at gun shows and not buy something.

(Lehigh County)

you should check out there store. Its set up better then their tables are.

Got a great deal on a .257 Weatherby Magnum a couple of weeks ago. The store is well stocked an the staff was terrific.

(Bucks County)

These are the people with the Paladin ("Have Gun, Will Travel") business cards (knight chess piece logo), right? If so, then yes... +1 to them. They've always been a big help when I needed an odd bit here and there. I've only dealt with them at shows, but when I needed something that nobody else had, they were on top of it.
    Last edited by Arcana71; November 19th, 2008 at 04:16 AM.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana71 View Post
    These are the people with the Paladin ("Have Gun, Will Travel") business cards (knight chess piece logo), right?
    Yep, that's them. Ed's really is an awesome shop. I do ALL my gun/ammo purchasing from them. They might not be the cheapest (I never really bothered to shop around) but I don't mind spending alittle more since they are just really awesome people.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast