Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Re: Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua

When I was at the Harrisburg gun show I stopped their tables. They were of the few dealers I interacted with who weren't jerks. Rather than trying to make a quick buck the guy (Ed himself?) gave me an honest assessment of a firearm I was looking at but had little knowledge of. He asked me what my goals with it were, told me some of the good points as well as some of the pitfalls of it, etc, and actually talked me out of buying the gun. That impressed me, and if I find the opportunity for the right gun, I will consider buying from them (if I find them at a show or I'm in the Tamaqua area). I might even find it worth the 2 hr drive just for the purpose of going there.
    I did buy a new HK P7M8 magazine from them and they had the best price at the show at $57.95.

(Schuylkill County)

I would have to concur. A very nice shop. Good selection, especially rifles.
    If you go, ask for Kyle. He's the guy I usually do business with. I bought my Baby Eagle off him.

(Berks County)

Ed's is a great place to shop. I have to say they are one of the friendliest and most knowledgeable shops(of any kind) I have ever bought from.
    Is it five o'clock yet?

(Carbon County)

Cool Re: Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua

Ed and his family and staff are all good. I have bought many guns from his store and have a Glock 21SF on lay-away there, till payday.

(Luzerne County)

Ed's is awsome. I went to several shops in the wilkes-barre area and after being given wierd looks by people who didn't want to help me , I figured I'd give Ed's a shot. I was treated honestly and fairly and all questions that I had were answered throughly. I've since bought 2 firearms from Ed's. A used Steyr M40 and new Baretta S9000. The staff are extremely helpful, friendly, and knowledgable.

(Bucks County)

Thumbs up Re: Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua

I have purchased several handguns and long arms from Ed Kennedy thru the years and I am always amazed at how much knowledge this man has about firearms and I must mention that his wonderful wife, Vicki, is just as knowledgeable about clips and magazines. What a winning combo. These folks always have the right answer to any questions I have and to me, and a lot of my buddies, they are more friends than gun dealers.

I have been buying and selling firearms for many years and beleive me Ed is the fairest dealer I have encountered and that means at gun shows and shops throughout N.J.. PA., and Delaware. We finally made a road trip to Tamaqua to see their shop and what a nice set up. Plenty of racks of longarms and cases full of new and used revolvers and pistols.
    Of course all the other goodies a shooter needs to maintain his/her collection of arms.

They have family members working with them who know what they are doing and deliver personal service to everyone. My first stop at gun shows is at Ed and Vicki's tables not only to say hello and catch up on news (if they are not busy) and to eyeball all the good stuff they lugged to the show from their shop. They always have a real nice selection of goodies to check out.

I might be new to this forum but I am not new to gun collecting and the shooting sports and I am happy to say that it was a lucky day for me, some 20 years ago at least, that I stopped by Ed's Sport Shop tables at a gun show. Look these folks up for anything you need and you will not be disappointed, guaranteed!

(Lehigh County)

I've known Ed for a long time, and he and Vicky are indeed a pleasure to see and speak with. Ed is about as fair and honest as they come...when you deal with them, you're never wondering if you got the whole story or not. I've bought a half-dozen new and used pistols and rifles there, not to mention mags, slings, etc etc - and they have always given me the best deal possible.
    Highly recommended without reservation!!!!

(Clinton County)

Thumbs up Re: Ed's Sport Shop in Tamaqua

I definitely agree. I grew up in Tamaqua and went back there to "just look" last year.... left with a Glock 23 and a smile after looking around a few times.

(Lehigh County)

Well based on all this positivity, I think I'll head to Ed's shop to see if I can get a black rifle.

(Berks County)

Ed's is the best place I've shopped. I won't buy anywhere else. I even don't mind the 1 hr drive from where I live to get there if that tells you something.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast