Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: AR rear sight/carry handle?

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    I primarily go with iron sights or non powered optics just for the fact that they dont need batteries. I don't know how many times I have gone to the range with a red dot and the battery is dead. All glass rifles have BUIS. I like the grab handles, I have 2-3 rifles with them. They look exactly like Jens
    Between the 35-50K hour life on most newer Red dots including budget models, and Solar back up on models like the Holosun 503C or Sig Romeo 4 there’s never a reason to have a dead battery.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Between the 35-50K hour life on most newer Red dots including budget models, and Solar back up on models like the Holosun 503C or Sig Romeo 4 there’s never a reason to have a dead battery.
    So... when you say "budget," what do you mean? Because most information I seem to be able to find seems to suggest if you're not paying at least $200 for a red dot, you shouldn't bother. And I have absolutely no idea. I like Iron sights. I also understand the benefit of optics, but my disposable income is really low.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by DerpSchnitzel View Post
    So... when you say "budget," what do you mean? Because most information I seem to be able to find seems to suggest if you're not paying at least $200 for a red dot, you shouldn't bother. And I have absolutely no idea. I like Iron sights. I also understand the benefit of optics, but my disposable income is really low.
    The Sig Romeo 5 is one of the hottest selling red dots for the last year or so and had been $99 for a long time. The price went up, but I still find it for $105-$130 (still good price for what you get)
    The Sig Romeo MSR is $99 shipped and seems decent, but lacks the "shake awake" feature the Romeo 5 has.

Some Vortex red dots can be had for $130-$160 and there are others as well. Primary Arms red dots are known to be decent and start at $89.

Red dot prices have steadily come down over the last bunch of years. New features come out and the price of older stuff drops.
    You can get something pretty decent for well under $200.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    The Sig Romeo 5 is one of the hottest selling red dots for the last year or so and had been $99 for a long time. The price went up, but I still find it for $105-$130 (still good price for what you get)
    The Sig Romeo MSR is $99 shipped and seems decent, but lacks the "shake awake" feature the Romeo 5 has.

Some Vortex red dots can be had for $130-$160 and there are others as well. Primary Arms red dots are known to be decent and start at $89.

Red dot prices have steadily come down over the last bunch of years. New features come out and the price of older stuff drops.
    You can get something pretty decent for well under $200.
    The Romeo5 is always going to be the best bang for your buck right now.

The only thing is lacks is the solar option. The holosun solar options can be found between $185.00 and $259.00 depending on models and sales. I have 5 red dots in my personal rifles two are Romeo 5’s and I would defiantly buy more when needed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123