Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Greene County)

Default New to the forum...Looking for a shooting range

Hi guys. I am new to the forum and am looking for a range to shoot. I live in Greene county and really would like to join a club. Anyone know anything about the Waynesburg Sportsman's club or the Carmichaels Sportsman's club? Thanks for responding!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: New to the forum...Looking for a shooting range

Quote Originally Posted by baily03@mac.com View Post
    Hi guys. I am new to the forum and am looking for a range to shoot. I live in Greene county and really would like to join a club. Anyone know anything about the Waynesburg Sportsman's club or the Carmichaels Sportsman's club? Thanks for responding!
    I heard the folks over at the Waynesburg Sportsman/Gun Club are decent folks, but I dont know about their range because the club is in town. If I remember correctly their building is on the northside of Rolling Meadows Rd. about 3000ft east of US19 in the area called Morrisville(same road the Franklin TWP building is on, but about 3/4 mile west of Twp building).

There is also a Game Commission range on Garards Fort Rd. a few miles south of Waynesburg, and a couple miles westerly of Garards Fort village. Caution, its a windy road. And Game Commission range rules apply(loaded gun limits).

Another sportsmans group with a nice range is the Mt. Morris Sportsmans up Watkins Run Rd down just north of Mt. Morris. Its a rather long ride up the narrow road, sometimes needing to back up to a pull off to let traffic by, but the club is in a nice location.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Default Re: New to the forum...Looking for a shooting range

We use the Game Commission Range right outside of Bobtown, it's a 100 yard range, but it's decent and rarely crowded.
    Sector 4