Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Within 45 days of expiration, and haven't recieved a letter from Philly GPU

Concerned about potentially committing a crime if I carry after my LTCF expiration in a month. Philly GPU says they are honoring pick up letters once they reopen, however I have recieved NADA from them. My LTCF expires the 12th of next month. I want to do things on the up and up, however our governing bodies aren't making that an easy or even possible thing to do at the moment.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Within 45 days of expiration, and haven't recieved a letter from Philly GPU

Things are messed up everywhere now and Philadelphia county is going to make it worse. Are they accepting applications? You don't need to wait for a letter from them to renew.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Within 45 days of expiration, and haven't recieved a letter from Philly GPU

It’s Philadelphia. I’m guessing he sent in his application and is waiting on a letter to pick up his ltcf.

Go read the sheriff excuse thread, but you probably did. Governor Wolf claimed imperial powers to grant an invisible extension of ltcf expiration dates in a grand entrapment scheme to bestow prohibiting offenses on gun owners. Nobody with any ability to challenge this gives a f*k. I’m not a lawyer, maybe only the poor dope caught in this trap has any standing but you would think the legislature would do something. Anything. Not a peep. Crickets.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Hey Matt GPU is what processes stuff on a video card. Philadelphia lingo doesn’t extend to the rest of Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh would like it to but they’re getting smacked. We all deal with county sheriff. Rather than guess, what is gpu in Philadelphia stand for?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Hey Matt GPU is what processes stuff on a video card. Philadelphia lingo doesn’t extend to the rest of Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh would like it to but they’re getting smacked. We all deal with county sheriff. Rather than guess, what is gpu in Philadelphia stand for?
    In Philly, our sherriff pretty much only deals with evictions. The chief of police is supposed to handle LTCFs, but somewhere down the line one of them decided that's too much work for me, and established the Gun Permit Unit to handle applications and renewals.

Actually I am totally screwed because they closed before my 45 day notice that I never recieved. They are not accepting applications at all, the office is closed.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I was curious as well, thought it might be Gestapo Police Unit. The city website lists it as Gun Permit Units. I suspect it is as efficient as every city office. The Allegheny County Sheriffs Office does a good job on LCTF.
    Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?