Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Permit

(Monroe County)

Default Permit

Hi, there has been recent shootings and break-ins near my home, and I fear my family's safety. I am seriously thinking about a gun to keep in the house.
    About 3 years ago I was attacked from behind by a neighbors son that continued to punch me in the side of my head, so in self defense I punched him twice and he went down. Thing is that they said I attacked him and I was brought to the station. No bail i was let go but they charged me with simple assualt. Later after hiring a private investigator, he was able to uncover the truth from the witnesses that proved I was attacked and it was self defense. The charges were dropped. before that I have never been in trouble for anything in my entire life.
    My question is, would I be able to purchase a gun for home security or will they hold that against me even though the charges were dropped?

Thanks for you time!

Default Re: Permit

Best way to find out is to go to you rlocal gun shop, and try to buy a gun!

If you are refused, then there are a few members here you might look for..

GunLawyer001 and Rule10b5 Both are Lawyers, and can tell you where you can
    get the best help in your area if they themselves cant help you.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Luzerne County)

You were never convicted, you should not have any problems.

(Bucks County)

Welcome to PAFOA jengelh6471, as Steve and Frenchy said, there should be no problem so go buy one.

I am curious though, what is going on in Tobyhanna? My family always knew Tobyhanna to be a quiet, go-to place to get away to, fish, hike, camp,etc...Can you tell me what's up?

Mike45

(Monroe County)

Thanks for the info!!

Mike45, I grew up near the delaware river on the New Jersey side. Very country, quiet and the only time you would see the police is if they were driving by waving at ya. I since a child loved the poconos because it was always just the way you described it. It had been a few years since I visited the poconos, but since the area I was in was becoming overwhelmed by the city people(not saying city people are bad)but the taxes when way up and little things like car theft was starting to come around. So I decided to move my family to where I last knew was a beautiful, quiet country setting like the poconos so my kids could grow up the way I did. I bought a house in pocono country place. I have to say that when we checked it out it was getting cold, so there wasn't much activity that I could see on the streets. Here Mike45 is what we moved into. Philly and New York gangs have moved in. Even though the area i am in looks nice, it is everything but. There are gangs in the streets here that won't even get out of the street, you have to drive up on peoples lawn to go around them. Someone was shot in the head last year. Last tuesday there was a drive-by right by my house. A couple nights ago we heard gun shots again. Houses are broken into everyday and to top it off. They say community security is so corrupt that they them self go into peoples houses knowing when they are not home. I believe that since I in fact know some are corrupt and cause trouble. I have never been in an area of crime like this. Here is an article to read that would explain it for you.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/608070312

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...0305/-1/NEWS16

While some say that it isn't so bad, these are the people that come from areas that are. I did not. So, when I hear someone trying to murder someone a few houses down, I need to get out. Problem is, they are saying that it is so bad here now, that no one can sell their houses. Even people are abandoning their houses before they are sold to get fast. Garbage everywhere in the roads, the lake here was even closed because of diseases from them going chit in the water.
    So much for fishing! Don't want to walk in the woods. The bear are a welcome to me, more afraid of being attacked by a gang member than a bear.

I am seriously sad to see what was so beautiful turn so ugly. Well that's the story Mike, look at that newpaper The pocono Record I sent you and see for yourself.

(Allegheny County)

wow, I wouldnt leave the house without my AK if it was that bad here.
    Saiga 7.62 AK, Yugo SKS, Glock 23C

Quote Originally Posted by jengelh6471 View Post
    Thanks for the info!!

Mike45, I grew up near the delaware river on the New Jersey side. Very country, quiet and the only time you would see the police is if they were driving by waving at ya. I since a child loved the poconos because it was always just the way you described it. It had been a few years since I visited the poconos, but since the area I was in was becoming overwhelmed by the city people(not saying city people are bad)but the taxes when way up and little things like car theft was starting to come around. So I decided to move my family to where I last knew was a beautiful, quiet country setting like the poconos so my kids could grow up the way I did. I bought a house in pocono country place. I have to say that when we checked it out it was getting cold, so there wasn't much activity that I could see on the streets. Here Mike45 is what we moved into. Philly and New York gangs have moved in. Even though the area i am in looks nice, it is everything but. There are gangs in the streets here that won't even get out of the street, you have to drive up on peoples lawn to go around them. Someone was shot in the head last year. Last tuesday there was a drive-by right by my house. A couple nights ago we heard gun shots again. Houses are broken into everyday and to top it off. They say community security is so corrupt that they them self go into peoples houses knowing when they are not home. I believe that since I in fact know some are corrupt and cause trouble. I have never been in an area of crime like this. Here is an article to read that would explain it for you.

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...NEWS/608070312

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbc...0305/-1/NEWS16

While some say that it isn't so bad, these are the people that come from areas that are. I did not. So, when I hear someone trying to murder someone a few houses down, I need to get out. Problem is, they are saying that it is so bad here now, that no one can sell their houses. Even people are abandoning their houses before they are sold to get fast. Garbage everywhere in the roads, the lake here was even closed because of diseases from them going chit in the water.
    So much for fishing! Don't want to walk in the woods. The bear are a welcome to me, more afraid of being attacked by a gang member than a bear.

I am seriously sad to see what was so beautiful turn so ugly. Well that's the story Mike, look at that newpaper The pocono Record I sent you and see for yourself.
    Is this this bad in Pocono area now?. I used to go there on high school trips and it was really a break from the city. The articles say that most of these gangs are young people who have parents that bought properties up there. Do these parent clueless of what their kids are doing? or maybe them parent got kickback from them gang members for not trying to stop or bring the kids in to the proper authority. But ultimately I think they should have the option of sending these convicted gang members to hard labor in China. Heck, the prisons in China cost nothing, and I have heard them Chinese government even got revenue from the back breaking work the prisoners do. I guess nowhere is safe nowaday!

1FingrCHan

(Berks County)

There are gangs in the streets here that won't even get out of the street, you have to drive up on peoples lawn to go around them.
    That kind of arrogant crap pisses me off.

I have no moral problem with running someone over who refuses to get out of the road, but they know that they can just sue the crap out of you (if they don't shoot you first).

(Chester County)

Well if and when major gun control happens in this state/country how will we deal with this. Honest people will have no protection. Then if you do exercise self defense they will bring you up on charges.

This reminds me of the back to the future movie when biff runs the whole town.
    I am sorry to hear this. I like the poccono's as well.

I would try to move. This will just get worse.