Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Anybody else catch this (CZ clone related)?

One of my first guns was an old beat to shit f
    Tanfoglio that fired over a recorded 20,000+ rounds of 9mm. From just 1 owner. Lol. Had several before me.

Anyhoo, great shooter, never any issues but POI was always a bit low. One day while shooting, the front sight got launched during firing. Literally shot out of the gun.

I managed to find it somehow, local gun shop said it was unrepairable and frankly not worth the expense.
    So i went up the road to a local truck repair shop and paid a guy $5 to weld the front sight post back on. Lol.

I figured, fuck it. Function over form.

Ground down the welds and realized i could finally adjust the POI issue. After that i touch up the exposed metal and went on to shoot several thousand more very decently accurate rounds out of it.
    Thus beget my love of the CZ style and hammer fired da/sa.

I still miss that gun and the oilslick finish of the metal..

(York County)

Hi Ronin,

That's actually the exact model and caliber I'm looking at getting! How has it been working out for you? What types of ammo have you run through it?

Quote Originally Posted by calypsocoral View Post
    Hi Ronin,

That's actually the exact model and caliber I'm looking at getting! How has it been working out for you? What types of ammo have you run through it?

I've had it about a year and put about 400 rounds through it. So far I like it a lot. Most of what I've shot through it has been reloads and Remington Green and White box stuff. The reloads are pretty hot, the Remington, not so much. I ran a mag of Buffalo Bore Heavy 10mm through it. That's a spicy meatball.

I don't care for the front sight, so I bought a Dawson Precision replacement fiber optic. I tried to remove the current sight, but it's on really tight. Probably needs heat. Haven't had time to try a second time.

I replaced the grips with a set of LOK grips Thin Bogies. Big improvement over the stock grips. Also, upgraded the guide rod and recoil spring to a Henning Conefit Guide Rod and Wolff 20lb spring. Cheap insurance to keep the frame from taking damage over time.

Right now it's just a fun gun. I may shoot it in a USPSA match or two some day; provided I get back into competition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12