Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Anybody else catch this (CZ clone related)?

So it looks like Tanfoglio revised their pistol lineup. It's now called the "Defiant" instead of the Witness. More importantly, they are changing distributors from EAA to IFG. The relevant web page is here:
    http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/ftitalia

Some of the models appear to be available in "small frame" and "large frame". I'm guessing those correlate roughly to CZ-75 and CZ-97 frame widths, respectively.

An important question I'm hoping someone can chime in on-- any idea if these new models accept the older EAA magazines? I ask because 1) they're still fairly easy to find new and used; and 2) I noticed the capacities have changed slightly for some of the newer models-- for example, the EAA Witnesses in 10mm were listed as a 14-round capacity, whereas the new IFG Defiants in 10mm are listed as 13-round capacity (even though the same new models in .40S&W are still listed as 14-round?).

Thanks in advance, folks. Sorry for the long absence, but I haven't been doing a lot of gun-buying or shooting for a few years now. I definitely miss it.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Anybody else catch this (CZ clone related)?

I have been seeing some of their pistols popping up on gunbroker, not the ones in your link,those look very sharp. I can 't answer the mag question. However I can understand why they are getting away from EAA their customer service is not always the best. I will keep my eyes open for those new models so I can try one out,they are sharp looking pistols.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(York County)

Hi Brian,

You're the guy I was hoping to hear from! If you're interested, a retailer called Patriot Defense has a couple of models in 9mm in stock. Didn't see any other caliber in stock, hope that changes soon. Anyway, I was looking around for a Witness in 10mm and coming across them in my search was what started me down this sleep-depriving rabbit hole!

https://patriotdefense.com/tanfoglio...all-frame-ifg/

(Northampton County)

thanks for the tip.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Clearfield County)

Great, now they just need to fix their "shoots 12 inches below point of aim" problem.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Great, now they just need to fix their "shoots 12 inches below point of aim" problem.

You too? I sent a CZ97 down the road late last year because of that. Loved it otherwise.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    You too? I sent a CZ97 down the road late last year because of that. Loved it otherwise.

Noah
    My CZ-97B (latest generation with aluminum grips and fiber optic front sight) shoots to point of aim. Must be a newer thing. It's about five years old or so. Is it the Tanfoglio guns that shoot low or the actual CZ's?

Quote Originally Posted by calypsocoral View Post
    So it looks like Tanfoglio revised their pistol lineup. It's now called the "Defiant" instead of the Witness. More importantly, they are changing distributors from EAA to IFG. The relevant web page is here:
    http://www.italianfirearmsgroup.com/ftitalia

Some of the models appear to be available in "small frame" and "large frame". I'm guessing those correlate roughly to CZ-75 and CZ-97 frame widths, respectively.

An important question I'm hoping someone can chime in on-- any idea if these new models accept the older EAA magazines? I ask because 1) they're still fairly easy to find new and used; and 2) I noticed the capacities have changed slightly for some of the newer models-- for example, the EAA Witnesses in 10mm were listed as a 14-round capacity, whereas the new IFG Defiants in 10mm are listed as 13-round capacity (even though the same new models in .40S&W are still listed as 14-round?).

Thanks in advance, folks. Sorry for the long absence, but I haven't been doing a lot of gun-buying or shooting for a few years now. I definitely miss it.
    EAA is still selling Tanfoglio's under the Witness. IFG has been selling other Tanfoglio's under the Defiant name for a couple few years now. They can't sell them as Witness because EAA owns the name.

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    My Stock III in 10mm shot dead on out of the box.

(Lackawanna County)

I have a stock2 and a shadow 2 and none were 12 inches low. Thankfully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast