Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Semi

Default Re: Best Semi

browning a5

(Montgomery County)

Some good shotguns mentioned here. Had a friend with the 1301 and I can’t believe it’s not publicly touted more. And the SBE2 has achieved a cult status, although, as stated, the dreaded “Benelli Click” can occur if the action is dirty or too thick a lube is used during colder weather.

When the Versa Max initially came out, it had some issues. I bought a 28” one for duck and loved it so much, I bought the tactical for turkey and home defense. I’ve put a little under 1000 through the 28”. I’ve put well over 3000 through the tactical. Skeet loads, slugs, rusty shells from the bottom of my bucket....even stuff I’ve picked up off the range after apparent weeks of sitting there. I’ve gone 500 rounds without cleaning. Never a single failure and hands down the lightest perceived recoil I’ve ever felt in a 12ga.

It’s heavy and it’s a Remington, but I’ve definitely become a fan and if I ever need crowd control, it’s the first long gun I’ll reach for.

I was told a long time ago (and have heard several times since then) that shotguns talk to you when you shoulder them. Good luck with your choice and enjoy the process!

(Westmoreland County)

If you can find a used Winchester SuperX2 that would be my choice
    Friends don't let friends buy Taurus's

The Beretta 1301 Tactical is my next semi auto shotgun. As Hodgie mentioned, they offer a Competition model.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    The Beretta 1301 Tactical is my next semi auto shotgun. As Hodgie mentioned, they offer a Competition model.

Same here and I will probably go strait to the Langdon tactical model too since all the upgrades you get would cost you much more on your own. I am no shotgun guy and from my personal experience most modern semi auto's look cool but perform like complete shit unless you drop a lot of money into them or you find that one load out of dozens of available ones and stick with that one. Neither of those options appear or make much sense to me when dealing with modern manufactured firearms.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12