Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: Smith and Wesson 629

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPA View Post
    Real beauties!

At some point, S&W will finish my 29 correctly and return it to me. I got it in early February...and it's been back twice..
    New gun? What happened?
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

I ordered a new 29, blued back around October. It arrived in the beginning of February and the blueing was, for want of a better term...splotchy. It had white stains all over. S&W wanted it back for a refinish. MY FFL returned it to them.

It returned while my FFL was closed and they contacted me to pick it up when they re-opened. I looked at it briefly at the store and brought it home. While handling the gun, I felt something odd and found what might have been some hardened polishing compound or something. I tried to push it off with my fingernail, but it filed my fingernail. Turned out to be a series of gouges. Pic attached.

I contacted S&W and my FFL again. S&W wanted it back....so my FFL sent it in again.

I had really wanted one of these for a long time. Finally ordered one and waited months for it.I'm really frustrated that it had to go back now twice. This is a "Classic" series revolver that comes with a presentation box...am I expecting too much for it to be right in the first place? Not to mention after the first refinish?

IMG_7696.jpg

That sucks, don't it. S&W should send you a free hat or something for your inconvenience.

(Berks County)

The guns that come in a presentation case have one issue. Not the gun finish but the foam will mess up the wood grips. It takes the finish off.

Good luck with the return/ repair of yours Matt.

(Bucks County)

Well, in case anyone would like an update...I have one...kinda.

My FFL called today to tell me that the 29 was back from S&W. They included a note with the un-repaired 29 stating that they would not be repairing the damage as it was caused by the owner.

I contacted S&W and was told the same. The customer support representative didn't have much info to go on....and in the end, it was suggested that I send an email to a person that can make decisions and include a picture, info, etc. I have done so. I am now awaiting their response.

Seems to me that S&W will make good in some way...or that's my hope.

Sorry for derailing the original post.

(Allegheny County)

I understand and empathize with what you are patiently enduring.
    Not sure if I would be as even tempered .
    This is why Ruger is doing a better revolver business. Taurus Raging Bull are looking more appealing too.

Here … Hold my drink; and watch this.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CleanDean View Post
    I understand and empathize with what you are patiently enduring.
    Not sure if I would be as even tempered .
    This is why Ruger is doing a better revolver business. Taurus Raging Bull are looking more appealing too.
    Thanks.

I wound in contact with a Mr Garza (sp?) at S&W. He sent a tag and had me sent it back to them directly about 3 weeks ago. Waiting for an update, or return.

I surely hope it comes back like a gem...because this piece should be beautiful. I'm trying to avoid getting my hopes up.

(Bucks County)

For those interested....my 29 came back today. Looks great. While I don't plan to store it in the presentation box....a quick photo op...

I have sent a thank you email to the Mr Gazda mentioned above, too.IMG_7801.JPG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12