Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Default Re: How have you failed to be prepared for COVID-19 crisis

I bought everything except enough crackers and sliced cheese !! I have had to go to the store last week to get these items as I didn't buy enough. I have enough of everything else to last a couple of months.
    Ohio Rusty ><>

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    4. Spare rifles on hand. May need to arm neighbors or friends if stuff like LA riots happens. Again, given what ***holes we now know gov't is willing to be, more likely than before.

This is one area I need to modify too. I have serious trust issues with the government, but this experience has blown even my low expectations out of the water.

Never imagined they would let prisoners out while arresting parents playing ball with their kids in the park.

Spares to have on hand will become a priority.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I failed to be prepared for the onslaught of total bullshit from federal, state, and local governments, and all manner of print, broadcast, video, and social media.

I have no f__king idea who to believe about anything regarding COVID19.

And I thought I had trust issues before? My trust issues are off the charts now.

Noah
    you can trust me to give you an honest opinion based an the facts as they come out...................sometimes.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post

4. Spare rifles on hand. May need to arm neighbors or friends if stuff like LA riots happens. Again, given what ***holes we now know gov't is willing to be, more likely than before.
    Almost all of my neighbors are anti gun/it's all about me Jersey transplants. In a SHTF situation, first order of business is to have a lot less neighbors.LOL The only ones to get a free pass are the old lady across the street that we have known for 26yrs and my neighbor that is prepared and has his own guns and ammo.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by S&W19 View Post
    Almost all of my neighbors are anti gun/it's all about me Jersey transplants.
    That's definitely a problem but one that we need to develop a solution to instead of just accept as an endpoint. We absolutely MUST get better at relating to people and cultivating influence. This is a disease we must cure not just shrug and say oh well and ignore it.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Bucks County)

Almost all of my neighbors are anti gun/it's all about me Jersey transplants. In a SHTF situation, first order of business is to have a lot less neighbors.LOL The only ones to get a free pass are the old lady across the street that we have known for 26yrs and my neighbor that is prepared and has his own guns and ammo.
    And we all know whose house they will run to when the SHTF.

(Delaware County)

The one thing I took for granted and should have definitely been better prepared for...bringing the wife and kids up to speed. They were always aware, but when the time came to bring us into this new realm of being home for a protracted period of time...chaos. Even our pets were stressed out.

For some reason I thought this was covered...obviously wasn't covered enough. Need to make sure your family are kept apprised and in the loop. That chaos we experienced for the first two weeks...enough to make me jump out of my skin. Not to mention, I have my mother living with us now, which adds another level of insanity to the entire equation. One huge clusterfuck...but we are all good now. It was a great trial run and a learning experience.

Stay safe.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS20 View Post
    And we all know whose house they will run to when the SHTF.
    That is one detail I really, really dislike having to ponder: what will happen when they do. Will they try to rob us? Use other means to try to kill us? Call the cops and make something up? Or what other dumb and desperate crap? If we get hit with something nasty like a bio or chem weapon, watch them die or open the door and everyone does? There will be someone you know that no matter what that will either starve, be poisoned, etc. because they didn't prepare. Just how prepared are we to have to watch that happen to someone we know.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

The only thing I do not have enough of and cannot get now...masks. I'm using a bandanna.

Otherwise, everything has been smooth sailing.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Same. And these same NJ idiots must share the same concern as those still living in NJ because they have been coming and going EVERY DAY of the pandemic, and they do NOT work.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast