Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Inexpensive ranges near Pittsburgh?

first off, Howdy

found this site after some google searching for ranges in the area.

Maybe you guys and girls can help out with this. I would like to take some of my friends shooting, somewhere where we can do some plinking for fun with a variety of handguns and rifles. Most likley some AK, .357 and 22 shooting.

I usually head up to Anthony Arms, those guys are great up there, but with some of my friends being in college, I cant afford to pick up the tab on range fees and ammo. Its more fun to shoot with friends, and want to find a place that is open to the public, offers a variety of distances. Thought about the state game lands near Burgettstown, but havent been there yet.

Any recomendations, or am I just going to have to move to Washington county and buy a big ol chunk of land?

-Bryan

(Allegheny County)

http://www.pafoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=212

=-D

No doubt it will be getting more 'buisness' now that the GPGC is closed down.

(Washington County)

Shame too, I was looking at joining that place, as a friend's dad is a member. The tactical shooting range sounded like a good challenge, and a nice way to beef up on some skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy
    first off, Howdy

Any recomendations, or am I just going to have to move to Washington county and buy a big ol chunk of land?

-Bryan
    Suggestions: First find a 500 acre farm, then buy all the farms surrounding it. Then look into the proper permits to build a gun range there, This may include changing zoning laws and regulations, then make sure all the neighbours within miles of you are NRA or ok with guns around their area.

Map out the area for anywhere a bullet could possibly fall within a 5 mile radius, Yeah i know one will never fall that far, but people within a 5 mile radius will claim a stray bullet was cought by a freak air current and landed in their house causing so much damage as to have the ATF and NRA looking into it.

Once all this is done, Invite us all to the grand opening, we cant wait to go!!! Make sure you have skeet available, I need a skeet fix so bad i can taste it.

Then again, by this time you will be both broke and so busy you wont want to shoot anymore.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Washington County)

Skeet? You try Pitcarin-Monroeville?

I got up there on Sundays for trap, and they have skeet + sporting clays availible.

Default Open to the public?

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy
    Skeet? You try Pitcarin-Monroeville?

I got up there on Sundays for trap, and they have skeet + sporting clays available.
    2 things I am looking for is open to the public, and open Tuesdays and Wednesdays, those are my days off...
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly