Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

An awakening....

I’ll tell you what, for all the complaining and negative comments that we all leave about gun shows, I would be attending the worst one possible if I could today. All of a sudden there’s so many little things that I need! Trying to buy everything off the Internet does prove difficult. When you can’t put your hands on something, or when you finally receive it from an Internet purchase and it’s not right or defective....miss my gun shows.... I’m sorry for any negative comments that I ever left!

Who feels the same?
    Last edited by Tin Soldier; April 5th, 2020 at 08:57 AM.

(Elk County)

Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

I kinda don't miss the Same Show Different Date routine. I miss the socialization side more than anything, but overall, I'm mostly "meh."

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Missing the social aspect for sure.
    I’m just having a hard time finding what I need.
    Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun scouring the Internet looking at obscure sites that may have what I need....Helps fill the day. But, if truth be told, I do miss the window shopping aspect & the touchy-feely thing at shows. When they do come back, do you think prices will be skyhigh or will there be mass discounts?

If people weren’t hooked on Internet shopping before, many will certainly be now

Oddly the past couple years I have been finding some good deals and scores at shows that I haven't seen in a decade or more. Mostly the smaller shows. Say hello to $50 bricks of.22, $1000 base AR's, and way over priced Marlins for the foreseeable future.

(Berks County)

I miss them but it's not killing me, I feel as though I'm good for now. I expect gun show tables to look like grocery store shelves when they fire back up and I'll probably pass on going to them.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Oddly the past couple years I have been finding some good deals and scores at shows that I haven't seen in a decade or more. Mostly the smaller shows. Say hello to $50 bricks of.22, $1000 base AR's, and way over priced Marlins for the foreseeable future.
    You can appreciate this. I regularly look forward to the show in Roulette, and for years it was my favorite because one could always find something needed, or at a good deal, etc. The past couple years, it has been the same show, different date, with the exception of a few of the older long-time vendors are no longer setting up, and there are a few of the same class of vendor who probably should be hanging it up, CV or not.

The past three shows have been so much "same show" that after entering at 0800, by 0900 I'm wondering why I made the 1:15 trip, and by 0930 I'm buying a cup of coffee at the Sheetz in Port A before heading back down 155 to Emporium. For example, the gunsmith guy in the truck garage, side wall toward the small muddy/grass "parking area" who has a variety of parts and some $$$$ custom guns also has had several Mauser actions tagged at $495 FOR YEARS. 12-15+ years. Not selling. Why even bring them? Hope springs eternal. Probably a religious lottery ticket buyer.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Philadelphia County)

I remember back when we had gunshows. And use to go places also. Good times.

I miss hearing...…

HEY BUDDY!!
    HEY BUDDY!!...…
    YOU BUYING OR SELLING?!?!
    MIND IF I HAVE A LOOK!!??

…….. and then the fun starts

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    You can appreciate this. I regularly look forward to the show in Roulette, and for years it was my favorite because one could always find something needed, or at a good deal, etc. The past couple years, it has been the same show, different date, with the exception of a few of the older long-time vendors are no longer setting up, and there are a few of the same class of vendor who probably should be hanging it up, CV or not.

The past three shows have been so much "same show" that after entering at 0800, by 0900 I'm wondering why I made the 1:15 trip, and by 0930 I'm buying a cup of coffee at the Sheetz in Port A before heading back down 155 to Emporium. For example, the gunsmith guy in the truck garage, side wall toward the small muddy/grass "parking area" who has a variety of parts and some $$$$ custom guns also has had several Mauser actions tagged at $495 FOR YEARS. 12-15+ years. Not selling. Why even bring them? Hope springs eternal. Probably a religious lottery ticket buyer.

Noah
    Roulette would have been this weekend I believe. Some of the smaller shows always have the same old timers that clearly go strictly for socializing, and not selling.

(Mifflin County)

I will miss some , like the Centre Hall show . It would be next weekend I think . I also used to attend lots of Firearms estate auctions , who knows when they will happen

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast