Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Is it really going to take a war to solve this problem?
    Don't look now, but that is precisely what is occurring. Dems have been waging SJ cold wars for decades, and winning. They know how to win, and what it takes to get there. Make no mistake we're at war.

(Westmoreland County)

Good news of sorts. I just got off the phone with three of the Pa. gun show promoters. They will be doing 3-4 shows in June at various locations unless something goes awry. At this point the planned dates and locations are:

June 13-14 Eagle Arms Gun Show; Gettysburg All-Star Complex.

June 20-21 Eagle Arms Gun Show; Bloomsburg Fairgrounds.

June 20-21 ARH Gun Show; Washington Co. Fairgrounds. THIS IS STILL TENTATIVE AS OF THE DATE AND TIME OF THIS POST.

June 27-28 Showmasters Gun Show; Monroeville Convention Center.

The promoters I spoke with are going to work with the facility managers to see what conditions work best. There may be some restrictions on numbers of vendors, table placement, distancing and numbers of people allowed in a facility at any one time. The final details are being worked out and will be available on updated pages of the promoters in question. As a dealer I'll try to keep you up-to-date here as well.

I hope to see you at as many of these locations as possible.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post
    Good news of sorts. I just got off the phone with three of the Pa. gun show promoters. They will be doing 3-4 shows in June at various locations unless something goes awry. At this point the planned dates and locations are:

June 20-21 ARH Gun Show; Washington Co. Fairgrounds. THIS IS STILL TENTATIVE AS OF THE DATE AND TIME OF THIS POST.

The promoters I spoke with are going to work with the facility managers to see what conditions work best. There may be some restrictions on numbers of vendors, table placement, distancing and numbers of people allowed in a facility at any one time. The final details are being worked out and will be available on updated pages of the promoters in question. As a dealer I'll try to keep you up-to-date here as well.

A vendor's pass would awesome.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Berks County)

Being off would be awesome.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by ScotsGuards View Post

Thanks for any and all updates. Would love to be at the Gettysburg Show. But I’m not interested in waiting two hours to get in and only see half of the normal vendors set up. But I will trust in you to give us the details as the event approaches. Thank you.

(York County)

if you aren't interested in waiting in line, then gun shows may not be for you anymore. going forward this is probably going to be how things are. im hoping promoters do the right thing and jury the show....limiting or eliminating those bath fitter, sock, cell phone junk, Chinese throwing star, and candy vendors and turning it back into strictly gun vendors. there may even be a limit placed on the number of tables a dealer can reserve in order to get the most amount of dealers into the show. looking forward to speaking with a few promoters tomorrow and figuring out what and when things will resume. one thing is for sure....you will more than likely need to wear a mask, social distance, and abide by the rules.

(Erie County)

I'm OK with the masks as facial recognition software wont work.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ItchyTick View Post
    I'm OK with the masks as facial recognition software wont work.
    Cover your ears and eyes too.
    Put an orthopedic lift into a single shoe.
    And wear an extra layer of clothing, dont allow it to be baggy or bunched.
    And dont forget your gloves. Hell any exposed skin. Vein mapping is a more reliable identification technique than fingerprints.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    if you aren't interested in waiting in line, then gun shows may not be for you anymore. going forward this is probably going to be how things are. im hoping promoters do the right thing and jury the show....limiting or eliminating those bath fitter, sock, cell phone junk, Chinese throwing star, and candy vendors and turning it back into strictly gun vendors. there may even be a limit placed on the number of tables a dealer can reserve in order to get the most amount of dealers into the show. looking forward to speaking with a few promoters tomorrow and figuring out what and when things will resume. one thing is for sure....you will more than likely need to wear a mask, social distance, and abide by the rules.
    I acfually hope that you are wrong.

My kids grew up going to shows with me so that they could look at the cheap, Chinese knives, and jerky, and foreign coins, etc. After my wife scored a complete, hardbound series of Harry Potter books at the Split Rock show, SHE even agrees to come to a show on occasion. Oftentimes, the only thing anyone from the family will buy is from these vendors. As long as they aren't excluding gun vendkrs in exchange for thermal socks, who really cares? If number of vendors has to be limited, they are the first to get pushed out.

I've even thought of renting a booth to see if I couldn't get some First Aid/CPR clients for my business.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    I acfually hope that you are wrong.

My kids grew up going to shows with me so that they could look at the cheap, Chinese knives, and jerky, and foreign coins, etc. After my wife scored a complete, hardbound series of Harry Potter books at the Split Rock show, SHE even agrees to come to a show on occasion. Oftentimes, the only thing anyone from the family will buy is from these vendors. As long as they aren't excluding gun vendkrs in exchange for thermal socks, who really cares? If number of vendors has to be limited, they are the first to get pushed out.

I've even thought of renting a booth to see if I couldn't get some First Aid/CPR clients for my business.
    speaking with promoters today confirms most of what was said before. vendor tables will be limited for sure. occupancy will be limited and masks/PPE social distancing will be observed. expect to wear masks, expect to stand in line, expect to play along with the rules because dealers that pay to come to the show and set up will be pissed when some meatball gets the show shut dow on Saturday morning because they feel like their rights are being taken away by wearing a mask. don't be that guy that gets it shut down for the rest of us. it will remain to be seen what vendors will go to shows and how they will fill the show (reducing number of tables etc.). I don't know if I will be going to Oaks makeup show as I hate to invest $1000 in tables, gas, tolls, and hotel room to be shut down and all of that money be wasted. I will be doing Gettysburg and York this month and will decide which shows to do after that based off of how well people can control themselves.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast