Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    (McKean County)

Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

I can’t see where gun shows are gone forever. I think they’ll be back by fall, at worst. The interesting aspect will be wearing masks at such an event, if that happens, and folks’ reaction to that.

Quote Originally Posted by professor9 View Post
    I can’t see where gun shows are gone forever. I think they’ll be back by fall, at worst. The interesting aspect will be wearing masks at such an event, if that happens, and folks’ reaction to that.
    Masks may not be a bad thing at gun shows. There’s been many a time that I wish I had one. The BO can be overwhelming. A Quarter of the people attending forget to wash between their crack or maybe they can’t reach?? Usually the guys wearing suspenders ��

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Masks may not be a bad thing at gun shows. There’s been many a time that I wish I had one. The BO can be overwhelming. A Quarter of the people attending forget to wash between their crack or maybe they can’t reach?? Usually the guys wearing suspenders ��
    80% should be available en masse and I'd prefer BO to the Brute 33 I was stuck in line behind waiting to get into the show in Feb.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by professor9 View Post
    I don't think you will see a gun show (maybe some small shows at VFD's) until sometime in 2021. By fall this will be coming back and at a minimum large gatherings will be restricted again. That is assuming that point is reached state wide.

(Delaware County)

I spoke with Joel from Eagle Arms...

The May show is in doubt for Oaks. He would like to get a show for May, the venue owner would like to have them open a show for May. The State of PA is not looking to have a gun show for May, considering we are still in the "exclusion" zone(yellow). Joel has a call this week with an attorney, who frequents this board, to discuss the nature of a show and if it is considered an "essential" business. I know all of us would consider it essential.

If the show in May does not come to fruition, he has a make up date for that show in July...18th and 19th.

His next show would be Carlisle...in two weeks. Trying to determine if its going to happen or not.

I would like to see a few shows this year...as I am sure many of you would too. Lets see what the attorney call brings about come Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I spoke with Joel from Eagle Arms...

The May show is in doubt for Oaks. He would like to get a show for May, the venue owner would like to have them open a show for May. The State of PA is not looking to have a gun show for May, considering we are still in the "exclusion" zone(yellow). Joel has a call this week with an attorney, who frequents this board, to discuss the nature of a show and if it is considered an "essential" business. I know all of us would consider it essential.

If the show in May does not come to fruition, he has a make up date for that show in July...18th and 19th.

His next show would be Carlisle...in two weeks. Trying to determine if its going to happen or not.

I would like to see a few shows this year...as I am sure many of you would too. Lets see what the attorney call brings about come Tuesday.

We need a show before July. Once vacation season starts half the vendors will be gone.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    We need a show before July. Once vacation season starts half the vendors will be gone.
    Ylu're presuming that vacation spots will even be open by then.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Bucks County)

I'm resigning myself to not being able to take my camper out until December of this year. I have one vacation day planned in a couple of weeks but that is to take a seminar online instead of going. Other than food shopping I've been only two places. My mother in law in NJ to drop off supplies (and she's not taking this well) and the local hardware store.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I have heard many are cancelling vacations this year...seems that money was spent paying bills for the last 6-7 weeks.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    I have heard many are cancelling vacations this year...seems that money was spent paying bills for the last 6-7 weeks.
    Yeah, I was thinking that a weekend of good revenue would trump (no pun intended) another week of vacation (all are on unrequested vacations right now). And I would expect that supplies like 80% lowers, ammo cans and other accessories are building up right about now. There should be plenty of those and other things when we finally get back at it.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast