Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    (Mifflin County)

Default Re: Gun Shows....how I do miss thee

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    You mean like this past weekends Alderfer auction? Here are the results, but remember to add 20% premium and 6% sales tax so a $200 bid is really $252 in real money. Plus Registration Fees: A $9 per gun transaction fee will be assessed for gun registration; $7 per gun transaction fee thereafter which is in addition to the total purchase price.

https://bid.alderferauction.com/bid/48887?section=items
    https://bid.alderferauction.com/bid/48890?section=items
    Talk about overpaying !! Wow

Quote Originally Posted by 57springer View Post
    Talk about overpaying !! Wow
    I would have paid more for a few of the things I saw on there, buyers fees and all.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    I would have paid more for a few of the things I saw on there, buyers fees and all.
    I told ya you should have checked it out. However, if you bid on it the other guy might have just outbid you anyway.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I told ya you should have checked it out. However, if you bid on it the other guy might have just outbid you anyway.
    Yea that happens and why I prefer to stay away from auctions. The only person who wins in a bidding war is the auction house and the tax man.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

I stopped going to the Alderfer auction because prices and fees were getting too high. Used to go a lot when it was 10% buyers premium.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    You mean like this past weekends Alderfer auction? Here are the results, but remember to add 20% premium and 6% sales tax so a $200 bid is really $252 in real money. Plus Registration Fees: A $9 per gun transaction fee will be assessed for gun registration; $7 per gun transaction fee thereafter which is in addition to the total purchase price.

https://bid.alderferauction.com/bid/48887?section=items
    https://bid.alderferauction.com/bid/48890?section=items
    I saw the Taurus judge sold for $600. Plus all of the other fees involved. That’s crazy. All defers is always a higher end auction. I got an Enfield Jungle Carbine through them years ago. Paid $400 for it. Resold it for $750. I was trying to thin out my collection. That was the last decent priced item I found through them.. It was mostly the luck of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Gun actions can be quite addicting. Especially once you sit down and start looking at everyone else bidding. And you always pick out one or two people that are buying everything. And you just want to get something away from them. Everyone has secrets vendettas in their head upon leaving (funny right?) It’s like gambling. You want to pull the arm on the slot machine one more time. It’s a thrill until you have to pay the bill!

I love going to most. There is a great one in Glenrock. Usually good for one or two firearms auctions a year. Wherly’s Auction House. It’s been a while since they’ve had their last one. I’m sure it will be even a longer while now
    Last edited by Tin Soldier; April 12th, 2020 at 07:47 AM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Soldier View Post
    Gun actions can be quite addicting. Especially once you sit down and start looking at everyone else bidding. And you always pick out one or two people that are buying everything. And you just want to get something away from them. Everyone has secrets vendettas in their head upon leaving (funny right?) It’s like gambling. You want to pull the arm on the slot machine one more time. It’s a thrill until you have to pay the bill!

I love going to most. There is a great one in Glenrock. Usually good for one or two firearms auctions a year. Wherly’s Auction House. It’s been a while since they’ve had their last one. I’m sure it will be even a longer while now
    I used to go to Wherlys a long time ago. I stopped when he instituted the outrageous buyers premium and started selling low end guns which fetched high end prices. good for him, but he hasn't had anything decent for sale in years.

Quote Originally Posted by Marines55 View Post
    I used to go to Wherlys a long time ago. I stopped when he instituted the outrageous buyers premium and started selling low end guns which fetched high end prices. good for him, but he hasn't had anything decent for sale in years.
    I primarily go for the antique firearms. I’ve walked away with some really good Civil War era revolvers.

(Elk County)

If I get hankering for a gun show, I'll rent 25 or 30 folding tables, put them in the garage, and spread out all my shit on them for two days and then put it all away.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast