Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Outdoor Private Shooting Range near Allentown?

Would anyone know of a decent outdoor shooting range near Allentown for rifes?

I heard that the public shooting ranges have a lot of restrictions, but would I be better off going to one of the pubic shooting ranges?

Thanks

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Outdoor Private Shooting Range near Allentown?

All the public PGC ranges are shut down because of the virus.

Look up University rifle club. We have members from out of state. Its well worth the drive. The range goes out to 600 yards and there is steel all over the hill side to bang on.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Northampton County)

Take a look at Easton Fish and Game. https://www.efga.net/

Smit

Thanks, I will have to check out both. One is closer than the other, maybe I'll join both. The one further away has a much longer range which I want sometimes.

Do you know how crowded these places get? Do you have to wait around or if you go there are no spots available to shoot?

Is it less crowded on weekdays like a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, which are the best days for me to go.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunEnthusiast2000 View Post
    Thanks, I will have to check out both. One is closer than the other, maybe I'll join both. The one further away has a much longer range which I want sometimes.

Do you know how crowded these places get? Do you have to wait around or if you go there are no spots available to shoot?

Is it less crowded on weekdays like a Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday, which are the best days for me to go.
    Don't know about these clubs but nearly every club will be less crowded on weekdays and/or when it's bad or cold weather.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Don't know about these clubs but nearly every club will be less crowded on weekdays and/or when it's bad or cold weather.
    Yep. if it's a nice day to go for a walk, the range will be crowded. Try to go when it's uncomfortably cold or hot or rainy. EFGA's ranges have shooting benches which are mostly covered from the elements so a little rain won't ruin your trip.
    Any mission, any conditions, any foe at any range.
    Twice the mayhem, triple the force.
    Ten times the action, total hardcore.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Daycrawler View Post
    Look up University rifle club. We have members from out of state. Its well worth the drive. The range goes out to 600 yards and there is steel all over the hill side to bang on.
    I'm glad I saw this. I left my outdoor range a couple years due to overcrowding and Fuddery but I really like the looks of this. Only an hour away so easily doable and what they are offering is worth the $$$, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    I'm glad I saw this. I left my outdoor range a couple years due to overcrowding and Fuddery but I really like the looks of this. Only an hour away so easily doable and what they are offering is worth the $$$, IMO.
    Good to hear.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by EB85 View Post
    I also looked at the an hour isn't that bad for a good day of shooting "BUT" it appears they are closed, I looked at the calender and seen this

Thu 3/19/2020, 8:00 PM to Sun 5/31/2020, 8:30 PM

GOVERNOR WOLF HAS DIRECTED THAT ALL NON-LIFE-SUSTAINING BUSINESSES IN PENNSYLVANIA TO CLOSE THEIR PHYSICAL LOCATIONS AS OF 8 PM THURSDAY 3/19/2020 AT 8 PM. BASED ON THIS DIRECTIVE AND REVIEW BY OUR ATTORNEY URC WILL BE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WE WILL ADJUST THE CALENDAR AS REQUIRED. Contact: info@universityrifle.org PRESS RELEASE, PUBLIC HEALTH ALL NON-LIFE-SUSTAINING BUSINESSES IN PENNSYLVANIA TO CLOSE PHYSICAL LOCATIONS AS OF 8 PM TODAY TO SLOW SPREAD OF COVID-19 March 19, 2020 Wolf Administration Orders Closure of Non-Life-Sustaining Businesses at 8 p.m. Today, March 19 Enforcement Actions for Restaurant, Bar Dine-In Closure Began at 8 p.m., March 18 Enforcement Actions for Non-Compliance will Begin at 12:01 a.m. Saturday, March 21 Governor Tom Wolf today ordered all non-life-sustaining businesses in Pennsylvania to close their physical locations as of 8 p.m. today,…

Hopefully they just didn't update the site when Trump ordered all gun stores and ranges are life sustaining businesses..

can any members confirm..
    If You Need A Color In The Name Of Your Cause, You're The "RACIST" !