Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Good long gun safe?

Now that I have more firearms I been in the market for a good long gun safe. My LGS has the Champion MT21 for $1000 delivered and bolted. I'm also looking at the Liberty Colonial model, but it's $1400msrp on the Liberty website.

I have about $3000-$4000 worth of guns right now, i do plan to buy more in the future. I travel a lot for work so I'm not home for several days at a time in a month. I need a safe that provides descent burglary protection and at least an hour fire protection.

What do you think of the safes I mentioned, any you would recommend around $1200 delivered?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Good long gun safe?

Best to invest more and get something better.
    A decent safe starts at about $3000 give or take, maybe $2500 with a good sale.
    There has been lots of discussion about this in previous threads, I recommend watching the video that has been posted many times for a good overview.
    I'll see if I can find it.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Here it is, watch it, well worth the time, one of the best safe overview videos I have seen.

How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Delaware County)

Having a safe is one part of the equation. Installing it in a suitable location but making access to it more difficult is another. Do you have an alarm or a camera fixed on the safe location? With Sound? Have you been discreet about what you own and to whom?

I might suggest adding a burglar bomb to your equation.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Interesting. I had to look that up. Definitely has it's uses but I'd be afraid I'd set it off on myself.

(Northumberland County)

Was in a similar boat 9 months ago. Ended up with a Liberty Fat Boy Jr for a hair under $1400, which was the best thing I could find at that price point IMO. Quality door, quality lock, big, heavy and fire safe, with "ok" sides. Liberty tends to run a sale in early June for what its worth. I bought from Richland Shooters but Piestracks was also highly recommended if you're on the eastern side of PA. Delivery was another $350 or so (3rd party)...in hindsight, I could have done myself/with a friend but worth it to not break my back/damage anything. Well worth it to buy the safe. And remember ...ALWAYS buy bigger than you think you need. Anything tactical or scoped takes up 2 or 3 spots

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by RenoV8 View Post
    Having a safe is one part of the equation. Installing it in a suitable location but making access to it more difficult is another. Do you have an alarm or a camera fixed on the safe location? With Sound? Have you been discreet about what you own and to whom?

*ahem* http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=358865

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Was in a similar boat 9 months ago. Ended up with a Liberty Fat Boy Jr for a hair under $1400, which was the best thing I could find at that price point IMO. Quality door, quality lock, big, heavy and fire safe, with "ok" sides. Liberty tends to run a sale in early June for what its worth. I bought from Richland Shooters but Piestracks was also highly recommended if you're on the eastern side of PA. Delivery was another $350 or so (3rd party)...in hindsight, I could have done myself/with a friend but worth it to not break my back/damage anything. Well worth it to buy the safe. And remember ...ALWAYS buy bigger than you think you need. Anything tactical or scoped takes up 2 or 3 spots
    Piestraks has a big safe demo and sale every summer and is not too far from you. Worth going just to learn about safes and options.

http://www.piestraksgunshop.com/
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural Ruger View Post
    Always buy bigger or plan on buying another one down the road.

PickingPA Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    Now that I have more firearms I been in the market for a good long gun safe. My LGS has the Champion MT21 for $1000 delivered and bolted. I'm also looking at the Liberty Colonial model, but it's $1400msrp on the Liberty website.

I have about $3000-$4000 worth of guns right now, i do plan to buy more in the future. I travel a lot for work so I'm not home for several days at a time in a month. I need a safe that provides descent burglary protection and at least an hour fire protection.

What do you think of the safes I mentioned, any you would recommend around $1200 delivered?
    Let me know where you live and when you’ll be out of town, I’ll swing over and take care of the issue of needing a safe. 😀

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast