Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Allegheny County LTCF question?

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    99.9% chance they will not be contacted, so just put down any friends and don't worry too much.

First off, can anyone confirm Allegheny still processes instantly? If that's the case - they don't have time to call references, they just run the PICS check, take your money and print up your license. I doubt anyone will report back here that they call references.
    They are currently "appointment only", will accept appointments by phone only, and have just posted (4 minutes ago):

We are fully booked on LTC appointments, as of now. We will advise of updates.
    I have no idea how far ahead they are scheduling, but it appears they will not even take further calls at this point.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    99.9% chance they will not be contacted, so just put down any friends and don't worry too much.

First off, can anyone confirm Allegheny still processes instantly? If that's the case - they don't have time to call references, they just run the PICS check, take your money and print up your license. I doubt anyone will report back here that they call references.
    This is a good point. Outside of the current situation, it only takes a few minutes to get a LTCF.
    I believe I posted that it took me 7 minutes including the time to walk from the street where my wife dropped me off and back to the car again when she stopped to pick me up after.
    (this was a couple of years ago)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Juniata County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    They are currently "appointment only", will accept appointments by phone only, and have just posted (4 minutes ago):

I have no idea how far ahead they are scheduling, but it appears they will not even take further calls at this point.
    So very illegal.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

yep i called on the 6th as soon as they started taking calls for appointments and the line was busy,by 805 i finally got connected and they had apparently scheduled 35 people before me. they schedule 15 min blocks starting on the 13th until the end of the month, its ridiculous. im just happy i was able to get an appointment because as soon as nonessential people can go back to work i probably would not be able to go downtown again, because i would have to take a full day off of work.

(Bucks County)

That's funny, I thought the constitutions of the commonwealth and the USA recognize the right to keep and bear arms.

The never-ending violations of our dual constitutional rights keep the gun orgs needing money to fight the skirmishes, never trying to win the war once and for all. The perceived need for representation will never end and the real need will never happen. I'm pretty much done with donations to orgs that are obviously just treading water while the tide carries them out. The next organization to get any more of my money will be the one headed for SCOTUS insisting on our constitutional rights.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

well thanks to gerrymandering the dems in PA can eat away at our rights. The only org i donate to is GOA. i used to donate 500 a year to the NRA but then they started harassing me every single day for more! At least the GOA actually does something the NRA has not done anything in a long time. i think the nra turned into a fudd apparel company.

(Bucks County)

Looking back to around 1980s a few of us at work, NRA members, were stunned when NRA announced it was moving into its newly built hq building. Gun owners had been under attack thanks to the incident of November 22nd, 1963, which none of us affected by the new and proposed laws had anything to do with. Money we all thought was defending our rights was handily diverted in a pretty quiet manner.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12