Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Allegheny County LTCF question?

Hi, since I have been deemed non-essential I now have the time to go down and get my LTCF on the website they said they would be scheduling appointments starting of the 6th. I've read through a bunch of threads and couldn't find an answer so here's my issue:

My problem with the references is all of my friends are very liberal, and I work with people 30 years older than me so I dont have their info. My dad said for references I should put down my state representatives which would be Mizgorski and Williams, or I was also thinking about putting down two judges names and if asked if I knew them I would say no I haven't committed any crimes so we never met, but I dont want to cause problems, do you think that is the way to go or will it cause problems? I have know idea what to do in this situation, and since we are in a quarantine I cant go to the range to make friends (I really regret choosing to shoot on my family land and not going to public ranges) Ive read other threads about this and they said no one calls them but I dont know if I want to risk it. Over the last couple years I have had to really cut out a lot of friends because they just wont stop whining about politics constantly, It seems like its all they ever do.
    I know if I dont call first thing to schedule an appointment the slots will probably fill up fast

Any advice?

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Allegheny County LTCF question?

Quote Originally Posted by Non-essentialRob View Post
    Hi, since I have been deemed non-essential I now have the time to go down and get my LTCF on the website they said they would be scheduling appointments starting of the 6th. I've read through a bunch of threads and couldn't find an answer so here's my issue:

My problem with the references is all of my friends are very liberal, and I work with people 30 years older than me so I dont have their info. My dad said for references I should put down my state representatives which would be Mizgorski and Williams, or I was also thinking about putting down two judges names and if asked if I knew them I would say no I haven't committed any crimes so we never met, but I dont want to cause problems, do you think that is the way to go or will it cause problems? I have know idea what to do in this situation, and since we are in a quarantine I cant go to the range to make friends (I really regret choosing to shoot on my family land and not going to public ranges) Ive read other threads about this and they said no one calls them but I dont know if I want to risk it. Over the last couple years I have had to really cut out a lot of friends because they just wont stop whining about politics constantly, It seems like its all they ever do.
    I know if I dont call first thing to schedule an appointment the slots will probably fill up fast

Any advice?
    PM me if you need a reference.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Allegheny County)

i sent you a pm

(Allegheny County)

I've left my references blank since I got my first LTCF when I turned 21 and several renewals later I've never even been questioned about it

(Allegheny County)

Thank you for the response Liberifle, from what i read they do not require references for renewals, i had to make an apointment to go down to the courthouse and the last thing i would want is for them to turn me away for not putting any references down and then me having to fight it. you would think that my spotless record (ive never even hand any parking tickets parking tickets) would be enough to prove that im a responsible person of good character but no. Pa needs to become a constitutional carry state.

(Bucks County)

Spotless record just means you have never been caught. References are to learn the truth behind that.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    Spotless record just means you have never been caught. References are to learn the truth behind that.
    If that were the case, you'd think they would actually contact the references.

I think the references part is left there to dissuade as many people as possible from even applying at all.
    "Welp, I don't have any references, so I guess I won't even bother."
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

haha well by that logic why would a mastermind criminal even try to get a ltcf, also if said criminal was so good he was never caught, wouldn't that mean his friends would be unaware of his criminal behavior? I agree with Emptymag it is to dissuade people from applying.

(Franklin County)

Nope. One of the important parts of criminal success, and especially the "perfect crime" is that NO ONE else knows about it.

Everyone will sell you out for something.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Montgomery County)

99.9% chance they will not be contacted, so just put down any friends and don't worry too much.

First off, can anyone confirm Allegheny still processes instantly? If that's the case - they don't have time to call references, they just run the PICS check, take your money and print up your license. I doubt anyone will report back here that they call references.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast