Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Wal mart shoppers to be counted and limited starting tomorrow .

One way lanes is going to cause quite a clusterfuck. Glad I gave up Wal-Mart a while back.

(Allegheny County)

I work tomorrow night. Will see what's what.

Only work 3 hours this week! Woo!!!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I just logged onto the associate access part of Walmar's website.
    This is the only update since yesterday's which announced that associates would have their temperature checked prior to starting their shift.
    (it may take up to 3 weeks to get thermometers to all stores)

Here is what is posted in it's entirety...

April 3, 2020
    By Dacona Smith, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Walmart U.S.

In this taxing and uncertain time, our associates have gone above and beyond to help Americans get the food, medicine and supplies they need.

We care deeply about our associates’ health and well-being, and in recent weeks we’ve taken steps such as expanding our paid leave policies; closing our stores overnight for cleanings and restocking; installing sneeze guards and social distance markers in stores; beginning temperature checks; and starting to make gloves and masks available to associates who want them.

While many of our customers have been following the advice of the medical community regarding social distancing and safety, we have been concerned to still see some behaviors in our stores that put undue risk on our people. We want to encourage customers to bring the fewest number of people per family necessary to shop, allow for space with other customers while shopping, and practice social distancing while waiting in lines. We’re also seeing states and municipalities set varying policies regarding crowd control – which has created some confusion regarding shopping.

To promote health, safety and consistency for our associates and customers in this environment, we’re taking some further steps for our U.S. stores:

Regulating Store Entry
    Starting Saturday, we will limit the number of customers who can be in a store at once. Stores will now allow no more than five customers for each 1,000 square feet at a given time, roughly 20 percent of a store’s capacity.

To manage this restriction, the associates at a store will mark a queue at a single-entry door (in most cases the Grocery entrance) and direct arriving customers there, where they will be admitted one-by-one and counted. Associates and signage will remind customers of the importance of social distancing while they’re waiting to enter a store – especially before it opens in the morning.

Once a store reaches its capacity, customers will be admitted inside on a “1-out-1-in” basis.

Shopping Inside the Store
    We’ll also institute one-way movement through our aisles next week in a number of our stores, using floor markers and direction from associates. We expect this to help more customers avoid coming into close contact with others as they shop.

We’ll continue to put signage inside our stores to remind customers of the need to maintain social distancing – especially in lines. And once customers check out, they will be directed to exit through a different door than they entered, which should help lessen the instances of people closely passing each other.

We always want people to feel welcome at Walmart, and we know that in ordinary times a store is a gathering place for members of a community to connect and socialize. We look forward to the time when that is again the case; however, we now want to prioritize health and safety by encouraging customers to do their shopping at a distance from others, then head home.

As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, our leaders and operations teams will continue to listen to advice from medical experts, associates and customers, and consider how we can best serve people while helping slow the spread of the virus. The health and safety of our associates and customers is what matters the most.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I just logged onto the associate access part of Walmar's website.
    This is the only update since yesterday's which announced that associates would have their temperature checked prior to starting their shift.
    (it may take up to 3 weeks to get thermometers to all stores)

Here is what is posted in it's entirety...

April 3, 2020
    By Dacona Smith, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Walmart U.S.

In this taxing and uncertain time, our associates have gone above and beyond to help Americans get the food, medicine and supplies they need.

We care deeply about our associates’ health and well-being, and in recent weeks we’ve taken steps such as expanding our paid leave policies; closing our stores overnight for cleanings and restocking; installing sneeze guards and social distance markers in stores; beginning temperature checks; and starting to make gloves and masks available to associates who want them.

While many of our customers have been following the advice of the medical community regarding social distancing and safety, we have been concerned to still see some behaviors in our stores that put undue risk on our people. We want to encourage customers to bring the fewest number of people per family necessary to shop, allow for space with other customers while shopping, and practice social distancing while waiting in lines. We’re also seeing states and municipalities set varying policies regarding crowd control – which has created some confusion regarding shopping.

To promote health, safety and consistency for our associates and customers in this environment, we’re taking some further steps for our U.S. stores:

Regulating Store Entry
    Starting Saturday, we will limit the number of customers who can be in a store at once. Stores will now allow no more than five customers for each 1,000 square feet at a given time, roughly 20 percent of a store’s capacity.

To manage this restriction, the associates at a store will mark a queue at a single-entry door (in most cases the Grocery entrance) and direct arriving customers there, where they will be admitted one-by-one and counted. Associates and signage will remind customers of the importance of social distancing while they’re waiting to enter a store – especially before it opens in the morning.

Once a store reaches its capacity, customers will be admitted inside on a “1-out-1-in” basis.

Shopping Inside the Store
    We’ll also institute one-way movement through our aisles next week in a number of our stores, using floor markers and direction from associates. We expect this to help more customers avoid coming into close contact with others as they shop.

We’ll continue to put signage inside our stores to remind customers of the need to maintain social distancing – especially in lines. And once customers check out, they will be directed to exit through a different door than they entered, which should help lessen the instances of people closely passing each other.

We always want people to feel welcome at Walmart, and we know that in ordinary times a store is a gathering place for members of a community to connect and socialize. We look forward to the time when that is again the case; however, we now want to prioritize health and safety by encouraging customers to do their shopping at a distance from others, then head home.

As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop, our leaders and operations teams will continue to listen to advice from medical experts, associates and customers, and consider how we can best serve people while helping slow the spread of the virus. The health and safety of our associates and customers is what matters the most.
    No use of force guidelines?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    No use of force guidelines?
    I'll defer to my Active Shooter training. LOL

(Bucks County)

Can you pass on a one way isle? Or do you have to wait behind that fat lady in spandex touching every item and reading every label?

And don't get me started about the people too fat to walk in the electric carts..........

(Allegheny County)

I said this about a week ago - it's going to come to where nobody is allowed in a grocery store any more - curbside pickup ONLY.

This is simply the step between, before that happens - it's meant to prevent a total riot if they were to abruptly cut off inside access.

Every other store is closed and people are all out "shopping" multiple times per week, so the gov needs to reign that shit in.
    This is the process for doing so.

(Target is doing this as well)

I suspect another rush on groceries as a result.

(Allegheny County)

Maybe they will check the temperature of SHOPPERS in order to enter next.

Followed shortly thereafter by the mark of the beast.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Will they still have someone at the door checking your receipt from 6' away?
    Ima middle-aged pasty white guy..they never bother to check my receipt!
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

I am going tomorrow just to be rounded up like a steer going to slaughter. I can't wait to see how they are organizing this. Since we are now expected to wear at a minimum a fabric mask, I am donning a bandit bandanna over my face.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast