Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Gov't steals from hoarder....??

Quote Originally Posted by ABuck View Post
    Yea, we all hear about the cost of R+D, except that most are now spending more money on marketing.
    https://www.raps.org/news-and-articl...more-on-market
    They shouldn’t market the products they make?

But to the point of the original post, seizing this property is like the shit the government pulls when they go to someone’s house or car and and confiscate money they believe, not necessarily prove, was illegaly obtained. All So they can spend it on themselves.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    I had no idea about that 'gouging law', but as mentioned, I can't see how that applies to private sales
    I thought the same thing, and I could have sworn I saw language that it applied to entities that were required to collect sales tax. BUT, I don't see that language, and I would have a hard time arguing that I was not a "party involved in resale"....."including" does not mean "limited to" unless the statute actually says that, so I'd say there is a risk of application to any individual.

"Chain of distribution." All parties involved in the sale
    and resale of consumer goods and services, including any
    manufacturer, supplier, wholesaler, distributor or retail
    seller.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

He was arrested for telling agents he had corona virus and then coughing all over them it says

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by 379pete View Post
    He was arrested for telling agents he had corona virus and then coughing all over them it says
    Well that was just plain stupid on his part. That could be charges of terroristic threats.

As far as the pricing and whatever 'gouging law' exists, note this:

Quote Originally Posted by DrillNFill View Post
    ...Also, the Pennsylvania Dental association informed me that they are able to bulk buy N-95 masks for member dentists....cost for two (2) masks is *gasp* $300
    Only allowed two also, for doc and one assistant. FML.....

(Bucks County)

I would argue that by the time you buy 192,000 masks you are doing it for commercial purposes. This is not the same as an individual buying something for personal use then reselling it later.

If you buy things with the sole intent to resell at a profit it is a business. Just because he didn't collect sales tax and probably not claim anything for income tax purposes (both are also illegal) is irrelevant.

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Palerider View Post
    They shouldn’t market the products they make?

But to the point of the original post, seizing this property is like the shit the government pulls when they go to someone’s house or car and and confiscate money they believe, not necessarily prove, was illegaly obtained. All So they can spend it on themselves.
    Just pointing out the hypocrisy of big pharma price gouging us, and that’s considered ok since it’s systematic gouging. Of course they can advertise, but with how much is being spent on ads now (and the bonuses Docs are getting for prescribing brand meds) they should stop blowing smoke up our arses that it’s due to R+D costs.

To the OP, I’m wondering if they are even looking in to if any of it is stolen, or they got the masks and other stuff now, and just don’t give a shit. He didn’t help himself by allegedly spitting at them and saying he was infected.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I would argue that by the time you buy 192,000 masks you are doing it for commercial purposes. This is not the same as an individual buying something for personal use then reselling it later.

If you buy things with the sole intent to resell at a profit it is a business. Just because he didn't collect sales tax and probably not claim anything for income tax purposes (both are also illegal) is irrelevant.
    Then his only issue should be with the IRS, not with DOJ, HHS, and the FBI.

And yet, 'The departments of Justice (DOJ) and Health and Human Services (HHS) said the equipment had been seized by a task force set up to crack down on coronavirus-related hoarding and price gouging.' And if there is a 'price gouging' law on the books, certainly that would not be enforced by the Feds.
    Last edited by esh21167; April 4th, 2020 at 06:16 PM.

The only reason they locked up the Hasidic Jew; and I can say that as my buddy from the NYPD was involved in it, is because he decided to be an asshole and and start coughing all over the cops when he was being questioned.
    I'm a Rep Virgin

Southern South Western South Eastern York county, Pennsylvania

I agree that he could be charged for coughing on a LEO.
    I agree that he could be charged with tax or business license issues.
    I agree that me may have to answer for this in the afterlife.

That said, how is this different from me buying Clorox stock in January and selling it now? Its a simple matter of recognizing world events before others, and gambling on the outcome. The real question is, if the virus had skipped America, would the government still purchase his masks at February's market value? I imagine that when he went bankrupt for using his life savings to buy medical gear and there was no panic, that it all would have been sold at public auction for pennies on the dollar and shipped off to some third world country.

Again, I want off this ride. Its making me nauseous.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    The government is going pay him fair market value (based on pre-panic prices) for the goods they confiscated, so it is not total theft.
    And the hospital will charge your insurance company $28.00 each for the mask.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast