Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Beaver County)

Default Holster suggestion with new belt

Anyone else ordering new stuff online like I am?

With all the chaos in the world (and even more now with corona), feel like I need to upgrade my setup this month. Right now I cc Glock19, iwb with Kore 1.5" tactical belt (my favorite belt) and I want to look at a new holster and the new kore 1.75" garrison belt. Holds more mags and gear. So I wanted some feedback on any new holsters folks have tried or would recommend that wil work with my glock and 1.75" belt?

(Juniata County)

Default Re: Holster suggestion with new belt

More info would be helpful.

Cc or OC? Leather or kydex? Light, laser?
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Chester County)

Sorry not a holster suggestion but a shout out about my recent belt purchase. Blade-Tec UCB belt with a unique ratcheting system that is very cool. Belt is plenty rigid for any gun/holster combo but the "sinch-up" is really awesome. No searching for the next hole to snug your waist when getting out of the car. Just a tug on the belt to activate the ratcheting system for 1/4in increments and engage the button to release when slack is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Sorry not a holster suggestion but a shout out about my recent belt purchase. Blade-Tec UCB belt with a unique ratcheting system that is very cool. Belt is plenty rigid for any gun/holster combo but the "sinch-up" is really awesome. No searching for the next hole to snug your waist when getting out of the car. Just a tug on the belt to activate the ratcheting system for 1/4in increments and engage the button to release when slack is needed.
    Sounds like a copy of the Kore essentials belt the op is already using.

As far as the OP I use the same belt and love it so much I have two for color options. It smokes all other daily carry belts including the spring steel lined big foot gun belt which lasted me about a year.

For Holsters if you are looking for injection molded or Kydex check out Bravo concealment. For iwb their Torsion 2.0 is excellent and really pulls the gun in to you. It excels at appendix but works great for all other spots including the 3 o’clock position.

For OWB their BCA is my favorite. I just added their new paddle attachments something I always hated in the past with other holsters like Fobus and I love this holster even more. It’s simple to get on and off, super comfortable and secure as hell when it comes to drawing unlike some other paddle options.

They are affordable, lifetime guaranteed, and offer a 30 day money back 100% guaranteed if you don’t like it.

It looks like they are running a two for one sale right now. Two holsters of your choice for $55.00 shipped. The pancake or paddle attachments are sold separately. Both are worthy upgrades.
    Last edited by Hodgie; March 30th, 2020 at 07:32 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

I have a kydex shop in philly and I can make holsters with 1.75” loops. It’s hard to post pics on here, my Instagram is @lynch_holsters or my phone number is 215873 one five eight five for more info.
    Go head, skin it. Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens.

(Cumberland County)

DeSantis thumb break scabbard with a blade tech leather belt. I use this set up with my glocks and 1911 style pistols. As I’m getting older and more round I find the ratchet type belt more convenient for periodic adjustments during wear time. The 1/4 inch adjustment spacing is hands down better than what you’ll find on a standard type belt. As far as the holster goes you have canted carry as well as upright. I also like the strap for retention. I initially got the strap for the 1911 style pistols, works great for condition 1 carry. Once I got use to the strap I carried it over to the glocks, why mess with muscle memory. Good luck with your search there are many choices whether you go with main stream makers or the boutique makers.

(Beaver County)

Since my last post I’ve clearly had a lot of time on my hands at home to do my research and order my new setup- so I
    went back to kore and picked up their new garrison belt. I measured it and it really is a full 1.75 inches wide as the company states. Same ratchet system as other belts which I am familiar with an really like.

Thanks for the recommendations on holsters- I went with the Kydex IWB and loaded up the belt- the Garrison could handle the holster and with the wider belt I can now carry more mags and a knife now. My wife thinks it’s a bit crazy to see all this loaded up and doubts it can hold the weight but I showed her how to adjust the belt tighter to my waist for support.

First impressions having just tried it out for the day around the house and yard is that its a beast. I plan to post a better review once next month if this damn lockdown is lifted