Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide

Quote Originally Posted by ray h View Post
    I wish he would open ranges. I would really like to get out and shoot some, but everything around here is closed.
    It's stupid as he'll to shut down outdoor ranges, but the two clubs I belong to have.
    That's a local club decision, not a forced one. I know of at least 2 clubs in Franklin county that remain open to members, though they have canceled events where large groups would be more likely to be a concern.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Trump Admin Names Gun Makers, Retailers Essential Businesses Nationwide

Quote Originally Posted by esh21167 View Post
    Doesn't 'essential' mean they 'can' be open, but they don't have to be? So I'd guess any range/club would decide either way.
    My club stated the reason for shutting down was the recommendation from the governor. Hopefully a federal recommendation to stay open will sway them the other way.
    The Hostler

(Franklin County)

From the relevant memorandum (emphasis added by me):

"This list is advisory in nature. It is not, nor should it be considered, a federal directive or standard. Additionally, this advisory list is not intended to be the exclusive list of critical infrastructure sectors, workers, and functions that should continue during the COVID-19 response across all jurisdictions. Individual jurisdictions should add or subtract essential workforce categories based on their own requirements and discretion."

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    That's a local club decision, not a forced one. I know of at least 2 clubs in Franklin county that remain open to members, though they have canceled events where large groups would be more likely to be a concern.
    I can tell you Waynesboro and Greencastle outdoor ranges are closed.
    It makes little sense to shut down an outdoor range. The reason they stated was "as per the governor". I think they just don't want to bother maintaining them (emptying the trash cans?). As far as I know the state hasn't shut down their state forest ranges.
    The Hostler

I have 5 guy's wanting to buy a handgun I have listed for sale and cannot find a single FFL opened the last two day's and they are now allowed to be open. Lights are off in their shops and a few turned the answering machines off.

Here's what my outdoor club has listed on their web site.

COVID Message
    Important Information Regarding COVID-19 Pandemic
    Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic currently inflicting our nation, and the order put forth by Governor Tom Wolf that all Non-Life Sustaining businesses close as of Friday, March 20th @8PM, the Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club has been closed. All events have been suspended until further notice. This is for the safety of all our members, volunteers, and the community. We deeply regret any inconvenience this has caused.

The CDC recommends that we clean our hands often:

Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially if you’ve been in a public place, after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing. If soap is not available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
    Avoid touching your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth.
    Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
    Put distance between yourself and other people (Social Distancing) if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for those who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
    Again, we regret having to take this action and will re-open as soon as possible so we can all get back to our favorite past times, the shooting sports, and the great outdoors. Be safe and be healthy! We hope to see everyone soon!

Ontelaunee Rod & Gun Club
    I am starting to think people just do not want to be opened.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I have 5 guy's wanting to buy a handgun I have listed for sale and cannot find a single FFL opened the last two day's and they are now allowed to be open. Lights are off in their shops and a few turned the answering machines off.
    Too bad you're not closer to me, I'm open, have been open even when the King (oops, my mistake ), the Gov. said we must be closed.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Franklin County)

As far as I know the state hasn't shut down their state forest ranges.
    PGC oversees the "public" ranges on state land, and they ARE closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Too bad you're not closer to me, I'm open, have been open even when the King (oops, my mistake ), the Gov. said we must be closed.
    Thanks for the offer, I spoke with Rosco and he’s going to handle it later today.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    PGC oversees the "public" ranges on state land, and they ARE closed.
    OK.
    I was just up past the one near Long Pine Reservoir a few days ago and it was open. The closings must be pretty recent, like in the last couple of days.
    The Hostler

(Bucks County)

Nice, I'll have to pressure my club to open the range of they do it on their own.
    You might have to wait on that. Trumps guideline is on a Federal level. Wolf's decree is a state thing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast