Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: PA candidates

Default PA candidates

OK...so it seems like McCain/Palin for pres/vp and Corbett for Attorney General are the favorites here on the forum. And Murtha...well it's pretty clear he's not worth voting for. But how about for:

State Treasurer:

* Robert McCord, Democratic
    * Berlie Etzel, Libertarian
    * Tom Ellis, Republican

Auditor General
    * Betsy Summers, Libertarian
    * Jack Wagner, Democratic
    * Chet Beiler, Republican

Do you feel the republicans are the best candidates here too? I don't know anything about any of those people.

Default Re: PA candidates

I've had the pleasure of both listening to Chet Beiler speak, and talking one on one with him. He comes across as a successful business person, not a measure of making money but controlling it. Being in small business for years, i understand the devil is in the details. Meaning, we complain about how we see big dollars going towards ear-marks, but there is another problem of approved programs not getting the actual funding they are suppose to, and others getting too much. So for accountability, I got a strong feeling he is the person for the job.

So to help prevent Pa government waste, I am voting for Chet Beiler.

Oh, and not because my little girl liked him, http://www.chetbeiler.com/index.php?pID=151 (the camera seemed to scare her), but because he comes across as possessing the necessary skills and true desire to do the job right.

Tom
    Everyday, Love your Wife. She might love you back twice that day. :D

Melissa Hart vs Jason Altmire in this district...

Going with Hart (Again). Despite Altmire's A rating from the NRA (Harts is an A as well) that allows us to EASILY push to other issues. Altmire blindly supports pelosi in all the crap she does, and I am NOT OK with that!

(Delaware County)

I too met and spoke with Chet at length and I agree with Mr Tom's assessment.

In addition to the qualities listed above, Chet understands the issue of voter fatigue and also wants to let people know what the job of Auditor General entails and why he believes he can meet the requirements and best serve the Commonwealth.

How the office of Auditor General Affects You.

The Office of the Auditor General was created to serve as the state’s top fiscal watchdog.

Chet promises to be a watchdog, not a lapdog!

When government agencies are not run efficiently it impacts everyone in the form of higher taxes. With the rising costs of healthcare, gas, food and prescription drugs, we must not waste taxes.

The Office of the Auditor General:
    • Ensures your tax dollars are used wisely
    • Certifies state agencies receive the appropriate allocated funding
    • Affirms state agencies use funds correctly and operate efficiently

As a truly independent fiscal watchdog, Chet will work to save taxpayer money so you don’t have to work harder only to pay more taxes. Chet will work to cut government waste and inefficiency so your tax burden can be decreased.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

State Treasurer, Tom Ellis all the way. Here is why...

I like Tom Ellis, he comes across as a successful person, with a strong background in financial management, who wants to try to make the public system work for us citizens. His credentials are easily found by goggling him.

As for Rob McCord, on McCord's website "He has helped elect Democratic candidates at every level including Governor Ed Rendell; Senator Robert P. Casey; U.S. Representatives Jason Altmire, Patrick Murphy, John Murtha and Allyson Schwartz and Mayor Michael Nutter."

So......clearly I am supporting Tom Ellis! Tom Ellis for State Treasurer!!!!!

tom
    Everyday, Love your Wife. She might love you back twice that day. :D

(Butler County)

Im still researching a lot of these offices and their candidates. But for state rep Brian Ellis seems the obvious choice.

He's involved with many community events, votes against tax hikes, promotes small business growth and development and gets an A from the NRA.

Ive dealt with his office many times in the last few years and He himself as well as his office have always been more than helpful. He made time in his day to meet with me personally to investigate an issue, and though he could not help as much as i would have liked, he still took the time to see what if anything he could do, and then did it.

I cant find much about his opponent Dave Wilson. Not that i have anything bad to say. But Brian Ellis seems to be doing his job.

Oh and he voted against the big government pay raise.

Thanks all for the input, as I figured... republican all the way, except for my state rep who is a
    dem, and is running unopposed. I guess I could write in somebody, but she is OK...for a dem!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    OK...so it seems like McCain/Palin for pres/vp and Corbett for Attorney General are the favorites here on the forum. And Murtha...well it's pretty clear he's not worth voting for. But how about for:

State Treasurer:

* Robert McCord, Democratic
    * Berlie Etzel, Libertarian
    * Tom Ellis, Republican

Auditor General
    * Betsy Summers, Libertarian
    * Jack Wagner, Democratic
    * Chet Beiler, Republican

Do you feel the republicans are the best candidates here too? I don't know anything about any of those people.
    check out the map.
    http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Pike County)

The following site may provide some of the information you seek. I found that watching the interviews with the candidates beneficial in coming to decisions.
    http://www.wpsu.org/vote08/candidates.php