Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Remington R1 vs Springfield Milspec

I’m just browsing classic looking 1911s with modern sights. The Springfield Armory Milspec and Remington R1 have both caught my attention. I know the SA is 70s series and has a staked front sight. The R1 is an 80s series but has a dovetail front sight. Anybody have any opinion on one over the other?
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Remington R1 vs Springfield Milspec

Both are decent, basic 1911’s. You will enjoy either one. Which of the two is “better” is a an objective point. Better, based on what? Some people like Remington over Springfield. Others hold Springers in higher regard. There are those who believe ONLY Series 70’s are “true” 1911’s. And those who know the Series 80 FPB is simply a safety which has no bearing on anything & of course it’s a real 1911!

I would recommend you look at both first hand, in a firearms retailer. And if you are able, go to a range that rests both. Give each pistol a go & base your choice on which performs better for you. Or... simply go with the one you like more. You will be quite either way.
    Remember Biden the Pedophile! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSRqaO6DXcA