Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NYC Exodus....

(Berks County)

Default Re: NYC Exodus....

The inordinately high taxes they charge!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    I am a transplant, actually I have lived in many states. I left NYC at 17 and lived mostly in NC where you could leave your front door open at night and you car unlocked, window down at a store with zero worries. That was until folks from up North moved down south then slowly you could no longer do those things. Fast forward a few decades and I was back in NYC and hated it, First chance I had I left for PA and settled in. I never had sports team plates, a plate from BROOKLYN, I never complained about the pizza or bread and I wasn't rude at wall mart yelling across the store that the ITALLIAN BREAD SUCKED HERE". I have done my best blend in and not complain that where I am is the sticks or not like back in NYC.

What I have noticed over years is folks from 2 plate states that have no idea how to drive here and cause a majority of the accidents by ignoring traffic, speed, yield and direction signs. Buy professional mortar fireworks and seethed off within 10 feet of my front window at all hours of the night, play music at jet plane levels, throw trash everywhere to include cleaning their cars of fast food garbage at stop signs. Dump old TV's, Refrigerators and stoves in front of their homes expecting them to be taken away by the garbage fairy. I notice that they love to keep their faces buried in the Smart phones as their dogs leave elephant droppings in my driveway as they pretend not to notice and don't have doggy bags anyway.

If I wanted to put up with all of that along with the smell of urine, trash blowing around, loud fights all around and the occasional drive by I would have stayed in the cesspool that is NYC. Its bad enough that most of the local papers are carbon copies of the NYT, Daily news and NY Post with their politics and calls for more taxes so we can have sidewalks, street lights and even more of a tax increase.

There are more and more days where I want to move far away from any people and spend what little time I have left with family, pets and taking care of my property. Have I say I hate people in general yet?
    Yeah, but it's all worth it because of the increased tax revenue.

You just don't understand progress.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post

anyone else remember when mt pocono was the "nice" walmart?
    hell, anyone else remember when mt pocono was nice?
    I can remember when Pocono Country Place was the place people wanted to move to.

(York County)

Perhaps the Poconos need a "Purge"

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 2DogsBarking View Post
    Perhaps the Poconos need a "Purge"
    Sure as heck wouldn't be a bad idea...
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

Tonight's Email from my Senate rep.

Airbnb and All Other Short-term Rentals Halted During COVID-19 Crisis

As I stated last evening on my facebook page after speaking to the Governor’s office, Airbnb’s and other short-term rentals are NOT allowed to operate in the State of Pennsylvania.

According to the Governors order, you may not rent until this pandemic is under control. Short-term rentals will be removed from the state’s list of “life sustaining businesses.” If you have received a deposit, I strongly recommend you return that deposit. Our County is under lockdown, there should be no movement of traffic across boarders unless for life-sustaining business. Ignoring the Governors order, will be subject to heavy fines. We need to all do our part to obey social distancing guidelines and the stay-at-home order which covers Northampton and Monroe Counties.

The purpose of this order is to save lives; not to hurt your business. In any other circumstance, I would not intercede with someone’s livelihood; but we are in the eye of the storm in the 40th district. If we do not shelter in place, many more people will get sick and many more people will die. If these businesses do not forgo at minimum their April rentals, I guarantee that they will not see any summer rental revenues as the pandemic timeline is lengthened. We need to all do our part to stop this virus asap.

Our hospital system is overburdened. The Hospitals are looking for new ways to help patients by stationing tents outside their buildings to add capacity. We need to all do our part and take significant action toward slowing and eliminating the spread of COVID-19.

Today is the first day of April. This month is a critical point for us in the 40th Senatorial District. The last week, we have seen cases continue you to grow each day. I beg of you – this is the time to do our part and save lives.

(Berks County)

Oh I am sure people will comply. I like the thought, it's cute. Too late, it's already here!

I'm with you on this however, just too late.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Cumberland County)

I just had someone from Massachusetts book my Airbnb for two weeks. They said they have family in the area and wanted to be close by.

Rental property owners and renters are not happy.

Some are renting on a week to week basis to all different people.

Some renters don’t understand why we have a stay at home order out here in the sticks.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/whyy.or...id-leader/amp/

(Cumberland County)

So I can’t evict renters from my long term rentals and now the state won’t let me make money on short term rentals? I have tried to find some relief for landlords but we seem to be getting screwed left and right.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast